• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda TSB 23-037 - a cure for steering problems?

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Honda has released TSB 23-037. " Steering effort complaint while driving at moderate or highway speeds, with possible complaint of noise at slow speeds, and no MIL illuminated or DTC stored. "

Are dealers required to execute a TSB?
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Are dealers required to execute a TSB?
Yes. The TSB states what part and symptom(s) relate to which car, plus the VIN range if needed. If there are additional qualifiers (like the car has to be under a certain mileage), it will be on the TSB and the fix is no charge to you.

Contact the dealer of your choice and tell them you would like to make an appointment for that specific TSB. Depending on the dealer, you may need to make more than one trip. They'll need your car's information to place an order for the new power steering, then go back for the fix when the parts arrive. This fix should be provided to you at no cost.

Biscuitpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000, 2018 340i
Wow I was just coming here to see if it's just me experiencing this on my Type R, yet it looks like we're excluded?

Ipa Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic hatch sport touring
I scheduled an appointment while experiencing this issue. However, I’ve been unable to reproduce it. Even at highway speeds . If the tech cannot experience this issue, will the dealer address the TSB?
They mentioned a recall but the only one I find is for the steering rack and that's an altogether different issue.
I will have TSB and the NHTSA ODI resume in hand.
Sponsored