• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Installing new rear blade (hatchback) - How?

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
My car is now about 2 years old, and it was time to replace the rear wiper blade. The Honda dealer sold me the blade only, but I can't figure out how to get the thing installed.

There's very little clearance back there, and it's impossible to view the "slots" into which the blade must be inserted.

I tried to remove the entire assembly - popped off the cover in the center of the window, removed the screw, but the thing wouldn't budge.

Help!

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Solved it.
The secret to removing the arm is to unscrew the small bolt under the cover where it attaches to the rear window. Then press down on the arm about 1" to the left while using your right hand to raise the assembly off the "screw" that was fastened with the bolt in step 1.

Once you have the arm in hand, it's a snap to change the blade. You can do this without removing the arm, but it's tricky because you can't really see where to connect the new blade to.

And, yes, Honda sells just the blade.