• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kia Forte5 GT

Jason1984

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
The Si is pretty hard to beat in its class within the Msrp price point. Not very many cars can compare overall sure wrx pumps more hp but the base is price comparison and it comes with cheaper interior and smaller wheels and way less mpg for all models. Never looked into the forte gt I did look into the Gli before I decided on my 20 si though.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I test drove a Forte GT (sedan) 6 speed and absolutely loved it. Then I started researching and came across piggyback chips, similar to flashes but less intrusive. The funny thing is the stock 1.6T only dynos around 155whp!!! I always heard Hyundai/Kias are overrated, but wow that's bad. Of course the chips cranked up the boost and resulted in spectacular gains for about $300-$500 depending on the chip kit purchased. That would have to be a necessity if I was to add a Forte to the stable.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
You guessed it! Of course it was from the chip seller. :)
Thanks for the accurate numbers and reading material. Can't wait to read it.
Sponsored