• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ktuned 2.0 gas mileage

The_Civic_Guy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX (Canadian)
I'm strongly considering in ktuning my 2.0 civic.

How is your gas mileage with the ktuner? I know to expect a bit less at first but was the mpg a big difference compared to stock?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
I'm strongly considering in ktuning my 2.0 civic.

How is your gas mileage with the ktuner? I know to expect a bit less at first but was the mpg a big difference compared to stock?
Like @gtman said, your foot seems to get a little heavier at first lol. But overall your mileage stays the same. My 2.0 stayed the same. My mileage went down slightly with my bigger wider rims and tires though.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport. 2015 HRV.
I drive city pretty much nearly 80% of the time and my mpg has decreased maybe 1-2 mpg at most. But if I go on a long drive or highway for long stretches of time. I can still easily do over 34/35mpg.

I’ve been tuned for about 3 months now.3/4K miles worth of driving.

there aren’t tons of mods for 2.0na engine. The ktuner is definitely the first thing you should buy,

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
There has been no change in my mileage, still get over 40mpg on the highway.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Is it noticeably faster? Do you feel the V-Tec engage? I might buy it just for that. The stupid high RPM they have V-Tec engage at is pointless. Its just so expensive. I think you can get a "licence" for 200 bucks to get the tune from a dealer.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Is it noticeably faster? Do you feel the V-Tec engage? I might buy it just for that. The stupid high RPM they have V-Tec engage at is pointless. Its just so expensive. I think you can get a "licence" for 200 bucks to get the tune from a dealer.
Yes it is a noticeable difference. Vtec was recently lowered to 5300 rpm with the new update from ktuner. I think the engine runs perfect now. You also can improve throttle response and adjust the rev limiter a bit. Also remove the top speed limiter. There is just so much you can do with the ktuner that it is definitely worth the money. I’m glad I got mine.