• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Larger tire for aesthetic; 245/50 R16 too big?

gravityeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic LX
Hi all, I’m pretty new to working on my car, and I’ll admit I’m in it purely for the aesthetics of it. I’ve gotten new wheels put on and done some diy additions, and my next idea was getting new tires. Btw, Please forgive me using any wrong terms or anything:)

I’ve got a 2023 Lx sedan, 215/55/R16 tires, and 16x7 wheels.

I think the factory tires look a little thin and I’m going for the whole sleek murdered out look, and the tires give off guy who skips leg day to me.

So, would 245/50/R16 be too big on my car? I don’t race and dont mind performance issues or differences with speedometer readings. I’m just not sure if it’s literally possible to drive okay with that size. I know it’s fine with 18inch wheels, but I’ve not seen anything with 16inch ones.

I’ve attached pictures so y’all can see what I mean and I’m really just wanting to beef up the look of the tires.

11th Gen Honda Civic Larger tire for aesthetic; 245/50 R16 too big? IMG_6974

11th Gen Honda Civic Larger tire for aesthetic; 245/50 R16 too big? IMG_6944

11th Gen Honda Civic Larger tire for aesthetic; 245/50 R16 too big? IMG_6946
Sponsored

OP
OP

gravityeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic LX
225mm is about as wide as you want to go on a 7" wide wheel.
oh neat, thanks for the advice! This is just for my own curiosity, but what happens if you go larger? Is it like “just” maneuverability, or are there more serious safety or hardware damage issues? I’ve read that tires can “rub” but is that super serious and unavoidable or can you just drive more carefully to make up for the larger tire?

also, do you think the 225 would give a beefier look that I’m hoping for?

and I’m sorry for the Gatling gun of questions, I’ve looked for these answers and I’ve had a tough time finding anything clear 😅 if there’s some online resource or even a book I should read, please just direct me there so you don’t have to waste the time answering it all😁
Sponsored