• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looking for better front brake pads for a '22 Civic Si.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
It looks like EBC has pads available for the Si. I ordered a set of yellowstuff pads, I’ll update once I get them installed. I confirmed on buybrakes.com that these would fit a Accord Sport, which makes sense if the pads share a part number.

Here is the EBC link with my search:

https://ebcbrakes.com/vehicle/usa/HONDA/Civic/
And they still do not have anything for the regular folks
Sponsored

RotoRooter247

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si, 2023 Honda Pilot, 1986 Toyota PU
And they still do not have anything for the regular folks
It looks like EBC has pads available for the Si. I ordered a set of yellowstuff pads, I’ll update once I get them installed. I confirmed on buybrakes.com that these would fit a Accord Sport, which makes sense if the pads share a part number.

Here is the EBC link with my search:

https://ebcbrakes.com/vehicle/usa/HONDA/Civic/
UPDATE 6/12: The EBC pads are out of stock, expected in 10 weeks (?). I ordered some Hawk DTC-30 rear pads from MAPerformance and some Powerstop Z23 pads (Z23-2115) since they were the highest temp front pads I could find in stock. I’ll update when I get them installed.

RotoRooter247

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE #2: I went to a HPDE event yesterday, I had 5 half hour sessions and the upgraded brakes held up well. Good strong stopping through the whole session. As I got faster the brake system light came on about 10 minutes in, but I didn’t have any fade or long stops.
The warning light would go away after rolling through the pits for a minute or two (with the brakes smoking, I was getting plenty of heat into them). Dust and wear looks to be okay, front rotors are still smooth and no warping. Rears are slightly grooved because of the aggressive DTC-30 pads.

RotoRooter247

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear the Powerstop front pads seem to hold up well to your trackday. At $60 a set that's a good option.

I assume these are the front pads you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Stop-Z23-2115-FrontCarbon-Hardware/dp/B08MXBXWLC
Yes, these are the ones! I took a thickness measurement before the event, I’ll update what it was in a week or two when I have some time to clean up and measure again. I was happy with the performance, and they come with a complete hardware package too which was nice for $60 ($75 at Autozone)
Sponsored