• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed

Nataku

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Greetings from snowy Minnesota. The 11th gen Civic has been on my radar for the past year or so. I really liked the redesign compared to the last generation. This will be a shared vehicle between the wife and I. We have the Pilot for hauling kids and stuff around, so this will be more of a fun/commuter vehicle. Both of us haven't had a manual transmission daily driver in awhile (my wife sold her 6 speed Audi TT back in 2010 and I sold my 6 speed GTI a year later). We are pretty thrilled to have 3 pedals again.

We finally brought the car home on Friday. Unfortunately there's been some issues with the dealer that have been a bit frustrating. We opted to have it undercoated and rust proofed. We waited a week after purchase while that was being done. Friday rolled around and we drive the 35 minutes to the dealer to pick the car up. Our salesman had some unpleasant news and told us the car had deep scratches on the rear side panel on both sides (he has no clue how it happened). They told us they would have their body shop fix it and it would be as good as new. So we wait another week. We went to pick it up on Friday (a few days ago) and got it home to find out that the rock chip/scratch guard that we also opted to have installed had only been applied to the front of the car and the rear passenger door. They had missed the other 3 doors on the car. :rolleyes: So yet again, it will be back at the dealer next week so they can get that finished. Oh well.

Overall I'm really pleased with it. The only complaint I have so far is the lack of lumbar support on the seats. I felt fine when driving it off the lot, but 15 minutes in, my back started hurting. I pulled into a parking lot and took a few minutes of playing around to find the sweet spot. Unfortunately, since this is a shared vehicle (and there are no multiple driver seat settings, which I am a bit surprised by as this is the top trim level), my wife will adjust the seat for her every time she drives it and I'll have to find that sweet spot all over again each time I have to switch it back.

I should have some Weathertech mats for it in a few days. I also ordered the PRL high volume intake, PRL charge pipe upgrade kit and the PRL intercooler upgrade. I'm waiting patiently for those to arrive.

The fleet.

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5479

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5488

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5500

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5489

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5491

Car seats fit well in the back seat with space in the middle for our oldest to sit pretty comfortably.

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5497

My oldest (who geeks out on the fine details like me) got a big kick out of the little hidden diagram on the bottom of the center console tray mat.

11th Gen Honda Civic My new 2023 Boost Blue Civic Sport Touring 6 Speed IMG_5499
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Looks great! Stinks to hear about the issues. At least they are taking care of it. Where abouts are you in MN? Im north ST. Paul.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
PPF installed on the doors?? That's a new one for me.

Bummer about the lack of memory seats on the touring. Even our middle of the road EXL Odyssey has 2 settings. It's SO nice.

Anyway, great car! Also, very cool your wife enjoys driving a stick. Complete opposite of my wife, I'm a little jealous. She sounds like a keeper!

OP
OP

Nataku

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Stinks to hear about the issues. At least they are taking care of it. Where abouts are you in MN? Im north ST. Paul.
Thanks! Yeah, it happens. The wife is more irritated about it than I am, but it is definitely a major inconvenience. I'm up in Andover.

OP
OP

Nataku

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PPF installed on the doors?? That's a new one for me.

Bummer about the lack of memory seats on the touring. Even our middle of the road EXL Odyssey has 2 settings. It's SO nice.

Anyway, great car! Also, very cool your wife enjoys driving a stick. Complete opposite of my wife, I'm a little jealous. She sounds like a keeper!
Well, not on the full door panel, but along the door edge and behind the door handles (scratch and chip prone areas). We didn't do this on the wife's Pilot when we bought it and we regret it, so we made sure to do the protective stuff on this car right away.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I sat down and started to play around with stuff. Same with my wife's Pilot EXL. It has two memory seat settings, so changing drivers in that vehicle is a cinch.

Thanks, we are very happy with it so far! I managed to talk her into trading her late model CRV in for a 6 speed Audi TT back before we got married. She had no idea how to drive a stick, but had to get to work the next day. We spent that afternoon and evening practicing, and she picked up on it super fast. The next day, she got to work and back and I think she only stalled out once (or twice). We had his and her's MK1 VW Sciroccos with 5 speeds for a period of time as well (well before we had kids). Fun times.
Sponsored