• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Navifly M600s Headunit, backup cam black screen

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
Hello Everyone,

I was able to install this M600s camera easily enough as it came with the harness and wires to set it all up, everything works except the backup cam, it will switch to it when i go to Reverse, but I get a black screen. anyone else have this type of experience?
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Did you misspeak when you said you bought the M600s camera? Did you mean headunit?

Assuming your mispoke, I'm guessing you have your stock backup cam plugged into the wrong yellow RCA jack. If memory serves, there were only 2 of them.... Try plugging into the other yellow jack.

I have the M400s. Everything worked for me except the FM radio which needed some tweaks.

OP
OP

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
Did you misspeak when you said you bought the M600s camera? Did you mean headunit?

Assuming your mispoke, I'm guessing you have your stock backup cam plugged into the wrong yellow RCA jack. If memory serves, there were only 2 of them.... Try plugging into the other yellow jack.

I have the M400s. Everything worked for me except the FM radio which needed some tweaks.
apologies, you assumed correct. I plugged in the unit to the oem backup cam to “cam in” input not the cvr one and it’s blank. The unit does switch to the cam view when I switch to reverse I know that much but that’s it. The unit is a navifly unit but they are all the same minus some custom changes, mine the Only issue I had to fix was Bluetooth configured was wrong as “unknown_blink” which I fixed with the Config file, not sure what settings I have to change for cam under factory settings.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
apologies, you assumed correct. I plugged in the unit to the oem backup cam to “cam in” input not the cvr one and it’s blank. The unit does switch to the cam view when I switch to reverse I know that much but that’s it. The unit is a navifly unit but they are all the same minus some custom changes, mine the Only issue I had to fix was Bluetooth configured was wrong as “unknown_blink” which I fixed with the Config file, not sure what settings I have to change for cam under factory settings.
Without taking my unit out, I'm almost 100% sure I used the CAM VIN input. So I guess there are 3 yellow RCA's in total. Try the Cam Vin jack if you aren't currently using it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Navifly M600s Headunit, backup cam black screen Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 07-04-58 8.0US $ Navifly M100 M400 cable Car Multimedia Player - AliE

And if that doesn't work, you need to mess with your canbus settings and make sure you have Civic selected.

OP
OP

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
Without taking my unit out, I'm almost 100% sure I used the CAM VIN input. So I guess there are 3 yellow RCA's in total. Try the Cam Vin jack if you aren't currently using it.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 07-04-58 8.0US $ Navifly M100 M400 cable Car Multimedia Player - AliE...png

And if that doesn't work, you need to mess with your canbus settings and make sure you have Civic selected.
I’ll double check once I’m home I’m pretty sure I am plugged their, did you have to do Anythng with the cam 12v wire ? Also my canbus is set for 2022 civic it’s the only one I believe with it . The rz unit and the system settings show it as “hd-rz 06-0032-b1” under can protocol .

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, so maybe it's a problem with the 2022 civic canbus settings. Just for the fun of it, you could try setting the canbus to a 10th gen year and see if that works.

I don't think I've ever messed with the 12v wire. Perhaps the 11th gen cam needs supplemental power? Sorry, I've only installed these naviflys on 10th gens where the backup cam is plug and play as long as you picked the correct rca jack.

Last edited:
OP
OP

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
Oh, so maybe it's a problem with the 2022 civic canbus settings. Just for the fun of it, you could try setting the canbus to a 10th gen year and see if that works.

I don't think I've ever messed with the 12v wire. Perhaps the 11th gen cam needs supplemental power? Sorry, I've only installed these naviflys on 10th gens where the backup cam is plug and play as long as you picked the correct rca jack.
I was thinking maybe the issue is the canbus but those things are so poorly supported I can’t even find a firmware for mine to flash lol.

OP
OP

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
So rather than risk it getting another of the same canbus, i searched and found another that supports the 2022 civic from Hi-World Honda model: HDF1.20 from Ali so maybe a week or 2 from now, hopefully this resolves the issue as I can confirm power with the backup light and video I will confirm once i get my mini tv to try it out.
Sponsored