• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

P0046 Code keeps returning [Fixed]

Invader_Zim

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Civic Si, 99 Integra GS-R
So I would like to preface that this is an issue that I have already resolved. I figured posting it here for others to be able to gain information might be helpful, after all, isn't that the point of an online forum?

At the time the car had a K-Tuner running the TSP stage 1 tune (map 3) with an upgraded intercooler, high volume outlet and charge pipes from PRL, and both stock and a K&N filter.

I had this issue that started randomly. I would run my way through first and second gear but towards the top of 3rd all the dash would Christmas tree (warning about my cruise control and power steering etc.) and the car would go into limp mode. At first I thought it might be due to the electronic wastegate being faulty or starting to malfunction, however, after watching the datalog the only time there was any discrepancy between the target and wastegate position was at full throttle pushing higher boost.

As time passed I thought the horrible design of the catalytic converter might be part of the issue and replaced that with a 27WON DP and FP (a mod I was already planning on doing which is why I decided to throw the parts on to see what they would do.) This did seem to band-aid the issue for about a week. I then noticed the boost would seem to phase in and out before the CEL would come back. What I mean by phase in and out is the PSI would go from 20 down to 15, then back to 19 then to 16. This led me to think vacuum lines. And wouldn't you know it, that was the issue. When we installed the charge pipes a vacuum line got nicked on the outside but just deep enough to wear a pinhole through the rubber.
11th Gen Honda Civic P0046 Code keeps returning [Fixed] 1679818335582

Moral of the story? Don't let the simplest things get you down, and always check your rubbers!
Sponsored