• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Previously Sticky Steering, Normal for 7,000 Miles, Should I Worry?

andr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Hi all,

Apologies for another sticky steering thread. I experienced sticky steering from around 5,000 to 8,000 miles on the odometer. I'm now over 15,000 miles and haven't had it come back since then. With the recent cold snap in the Midwest I noticed that my steering was stiff the other day, but without the sticky notch (although I didn't go the highway speeds it normally appears at).

Does anyone know whether the underlying issue is something that can self-resolve, or is it likely that I have a defective part that needs to be replaced? It seems like the service bulletin linked here https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10239109-0001.pdf identifies the part to be replaced as the EPS gearbox. I would assume this means that I should just try and get it replaced while everything is still under warranty.

Thank you!
Sponsored

wilsonyyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
My steering becomes sticky only in the winter where temperature is consistently under 10 degrees C (50F); The issue is non existent in the summer. I don't think this issue will self-resolve as it's known that the problem resolves after replacing the rack under warranty, however, a few members on the 11th gen forum who had their steering racks replaced reported recurring sticky steering issue.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My 22 HST just developed this with 22k miles. Taking it in a couple weeks from now. It sticks and breaks free when making small steering adjustments.
Sponsored