• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Roof Rack recommendations

Dealer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic hatchback
Hi all,

Any roof rack recommendations? I have a sub in my car and already takes all my room in the trunk. Also living in an apartment now makes me use my little cart to move lots of packages to the post office so I'm stressing for some extra room. Does anyone have experience using a roof rack on a 10+ gen civic? I am sure much hasn't changed with the frame.

Don't really have a budget since I am not sure what size or quality is best but I don't think I want anything from amazon. Thanks all
Sponsored

andyh96z

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sport Touring
I ordered one for my 11th gen ST but fortunately, my friend in the service department that was installing it asked me to come check it out before it was done (Honda accessory). It didn't seat up against roof very well and was just a hot mess. Nothing I've found online from Yakima or Thule yet.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Per another member, the Honda Accessory roof rack for the hatch does not work with the sedan.

I'm also looking for alternatives

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Back when I first saw the pdf manuals come thru the shop, I knew this OEM R.C. system would be an issue. The design just doesn't sit well with me. I feel like it could fly off with a simple yank.

rosedraws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatchback sport manual
Hi all,

Any roof rack recommendations? I have a sub in my car and already takes all my room in the trunk. Also living in an apartment now makes me use my little cart to move lots of packages to the post office so I'm stressing for some extra room. Does anyone have experience using a roof rack on a 10+ gen civic? I am sure much hasn't changed with the frame.

Don't really have a budget since I am not sure what size or quality is best but I don't think I want anything from amazon. Thanks all
I have the Thule rack on my 10th gen hatch sport. I believe Thule has made a new Fit Kit for the '22... which means I can't just use my one from the '17.

Attachments

JCSewall

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Do you put your bikes up there? Did you buy them second hand? I am in need of something to hold my mtb.

RotoRooter247

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si, 2023 Honda Pilot, 1986 Toyota PU
I went with the Thule recommended rack for the 23 Si. It fits nicely and doesn’t affect the sunroof or make a ton of noise. I’ll be putting my MTB up this spring.

11th Gen Honda Civic Roof Rack recommendations 0A88A3BC-24E2-404D-B0E2-CDFCF821F720

11th Gen Honda Civic Roof Rack recommendations 21337FEA-C36B-4687-8C43-EE2C25DE00E0

Nebulousbadger

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 1994 Mazda Miata
Also want to chip in to add some documentation for roof racks on these cars as there really aren't many pictures out there yet. I just installed a Yakima rack on mine. There is almost no increase in wind noise, and I have not noticed a negative affect on MPG so far, though I'm sure it must have some impact.

11th Gen Honda Civic Roof Rack recommendations PXL_20230606_203135069

11th Gen Honda Civic Roof Rack recommendations PXL_20230606_203141210

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a rack for their FK8?
If so, which do you prefer, Yakima or Thule? and why?

I used to have a Yakima on my Prelude and would insert paper towel cutouts under the door jam attachments so as to prevent any scratches on paint.

Is there rubber or some preventative coating on the new mounts especially in the door jam attachment areas?

Last year I saw a car that had big suction cups as mounts on their bike rack; no door jam clamp attachment s at all. Anyone see similal?

Last edited:

iHo

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Will this roof rack fit on a 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback? Or is it different between the Sedan and Hatchback, thanks!

Ivy

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Boost Blue FL5, 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Also want to chip in to add some documentation for roof racks on these cars as there really aren't many pictures out there yet. I just installed a Yakima rack on mine. There is almost no increase in wind noise, and I have not noticed a negative affect on MPG so far, though I'm sure it must have some impact.

PXL_20230606_203135069.jpg

PXL_20230606_203141210.jpg
What size is ur fairing?
Sponsored