• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
Just wanted to throw this new air filter option out there for the 11th gen Civic. I just got my hands on one of the first batch of these filters to hit the USA. I come from a background in motorcycles and have run these Sprint air filters exclusively for the past few years, on three different bikes. When I saw they had an application for the 11th gen Civic I knew I had to have one. The great thing about Sprint filters is that it's a dry filter, no oil needed. I know MAF sensors can get funky when using cotton/oil air filters after a while. When you need to clean the filter just use compressed air and blow it out from the opposite direction of air flow and it's ready to go. No need for water, solvent sprays, dry time, and re-oiling the filter. The filter media is super high flow while also doing a good job of actually filtering the air. Spoon Sports now outsources production of their filters to Sprint and now sells them for $205. Sprint sells the same filter without the Spoon Sports name on it for half the price.

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. SzDb7ND

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. CVQnWdb

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. lJ14kKF

This is honestly the nastiest 3500 mile air filter I have ever seen period. I'm likely going to clean out the filter every 3k miles after seeing how dirty the stock one got so quickly. It goes to show you how well the stock intake was designed.

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. Dr2XXzv

The bottom of the airbox was pretty gross too, I gave it a wipe out before buttoning everything back together.

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. 4AE4DkR

Flow so good you can see through the filter.

11th Gen Honda Civic Sprint P08 air filter, and PRL silicon intake hose installed. YUSNbs6

With the PRL silicon intake hose installed.

After going for a test drive the engine definitely makes more turbo noises and bypass valve noises. My guess is that since the new Sprint filter is physically thinner than the OEM filter it's just able to be much louder. I honestly couldn't feel any differences in my ass dyno, but the cool noises and the ability to easily clean the filter every 3k miles is worth it to me.
Sponsored

BKK Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Offraod
Good news. Also have Sprint filters in my bikes. This will be one of the first things I do whenever I get my car.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The oem filter gets so dirty because the oem intake sucks air from the front of the vehicle, and is really well designed for cooler air intake as a result. The OEM filter also filters dust and dirt really well, thankfully.

The sprint filter and K&N style filters do flow well as you show, but they in no way filter as well as the OEM style filters. So it all depends on what one prefers, and run what you like.
Sponsored