• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Wave

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
While I admit to knowing (and participating) in the Jeep wave and the low motorcycle wave, I never knew there was apparently a Type R wave until this morning. On my way to TIA, a sweet FK8 pulled along side in the lane to short term parking and the driver made a hand gesture that I initially thought was "flipping me off" for some unknown offense. I lowered my window as we approached the entrance gate and he did it again. I yelled, "Hey, what's up?" He said shouted back that he was giving me the "R Wave," and held his hand up again, but this time long enough for me to see it. Not knowing what to do, I just gave him a "thumbs up" and went about my way. Later, I looked it up and it's the ASL sign for "R" (see image). Has anyone else encountered this? Pretty cool!

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R Wave sign-language-letter-r-outline-1723739130
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That’s interesting. Could be easily misconstrued in some neighborhoods. I will stick to thumbs up as well.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
That damn "Jeep wave" is the reason I sold my JL Wrangler back in 2015 after 6 months of ownership.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
LMAO the WRX and STI community, used to be all about the wave, until they started selling WRXs in a CVT auto. Then you'd wave and realize it was a senior citizen who didnt share the same enthusiasm, sold my WRX shortly after lol.