• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wheels and tires help please

JohnnyBananas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback
I’m looking to buy a set of wheels and tires for my 22 sport hatch from a company. I’ve been talking to two separate guys from there. One thinks I should go 18x8.5 +35 with 225 tires. The other guy thinks I should go 18x9.5 +38 since I’m on stock suspension but plan to lower it. He never answered about tire size. I’m really just trying to get a solid answer before I make such a big purchase. Would love some input. Thanks
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
You can always call Tire Rack for some advice. +1-888-981-3953

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
I’m looking to buy a set of wheels and tires for my 22 sport hatch from a company. I’ve been talking to two separate guys from there. One thinks I should go 18x8.5 +35 with 225 tires. The other guy thinks I should go 18x9.5 +38 since I’m on stock suspension but plan to lower it. He never answered about tire size. I’m really just trying to get a solid answer before I make such a big purchase. Would love some input. Thanks
18 x 9.5 + 38 we’re about 1” poke on my 22 Si on stock tires . I switched to 18 x 8.5 +35 on 245/40/18 tires for a perfect flush fit . Lowered on Silver’s Coilovers. Check Two Step Performance website for pics, they featured my car this month on their website .

OP
OP

JohnnyBananas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback
18 x 9.5 + 38 we’re about 1” poke on my 22 Si on stock tires . I switched to 18 x 8.5 +35 on 245/40/18 tires for a perfect flush fit . Lowered on Silver’s Coilovers. Check Two Step Performance website for pics, they featured my car this month on their website .
this is what I originally wanted to go with. Continentals 245/40/18. Thanks for this info. Appreciate it! No rubbing or any issues at all? Idk if the clearance is the same for the sport hatch as it is for the Si or if it’s all the same

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
this is what I originally wanted to go with. Continentals 245/40/18. Thanks for this info. Appreciate it! No rubbing or any issues at all? Idk if the clearance is the same for the sport hatch as it is for the Si or if it’s all the same
No issues at all !