• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Apple CarPlay audio delay

CoolKen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX, 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Hi, I have the 2022 Civic Hatch and have been enjoying wireless CarPlay so much but there's always a little audio lag. Especially when I'm on the phone, I can tell there's a delay. Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't tried connecting my phone with a wire because I'm just assuming its normal for Bluetooth/wifi...
Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I was used to using wired Carplay in the previous-gen Civic, but I have noticed a delay with wireless Carplay in the new Civic when changing tracks. When you skip to the next track, the display updates fairly quickly, but I notice it takes about 2 seconds for the audio to change to the new song. Not sure if that's the delay you're referring to? I wasn't aware of any delays when talking on the phone over wireless Carplay.

I also played with a wireless Carplay adapter in the previous Civic, and noticed the same delay change changing tracks, so I assume it's just a normal wireless Carplay thing.

OP
OP

CoolKen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX, 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
I was used to using wired Carplay in the previous-gen Civic, but I have noticed a delay with wireless Carplay in the new Civic when changing tracks. When you skip to the next track, the display updates fairly quickly, but I notice it takes about 2 seconds for the audio to change to the new song. Not sure if that's the delay you're referring to? I wasn't aware of any delays when talking on the phone over wireless Carplay.

I also played with a wireless Carplay adapter in the previous Civic, and noticed the same delay change changing tracks, so I assume it's just a normal wireless Carplay thing.
Thanks for the reply! I guess its normal for wireless CarPlay then... I will test it with wire one day. too bad the 11th gen doesn't have the wire management like 10th gen.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Carlinkit adapter on my 2030, and a 2018 4 series with it built in did the same
Sponsored