• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Umm.. slight design change went into the 2020 Civic's roof, namely they got rid of that ugly sharkfin antenna (no more leaks!) and installed them into the defroster style lines Inside the actual rear glass. Kinda like Chevy tried & failed with the front windshield back in the 70's but done way better, much more effective to boot. And yes, I'm loving it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 16013892320952871982915998229178
Sponsored

JG5895

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX
This must be a joke right? The only way I’d be interested in this boring looking car is if they make the base model performance equivalent to the current Si. Otherwise I’ll have to look elsewhere... I don’t know maybe it’ll grow on me. But I hate it right now.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
It looks like Honda was tired of the criticism of the overstyled nature of the 10g and decided to tone it down a notch. I dunno, it kind of feels like what they did with the 9th generation which IMO was very conservative.

Bastrop

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit
I have to agree w/ the posts. When I first saw the images, I thought, bland, especially the rear. It doesn't look (to me) all that different w/ current gen. When this gen first came out, saw one in person at a car show, & thought it was an Accord. Well... Honda has a history of shooting itself in the foot with designs. 2006-2010 was the best Civic ever, design wise (engine was worthless). Then 9th gen was poor, & 10th still looks like an Accord to me. Wish they would re-do the 8th gen & maybe make it a bit more modern. That would be a cool car.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
It's impossible to know how a new design will gain (or lose) appeal with familiarity and presence. The automotive press savaged the styling of the 10th gen hatch, and they truly hated the Type R. I loved my 2017 Sport Hatch from the get-go, and I get compliments on it at least once a week. Of course, nobody's been rude enough to say, "Man, your car is really ugly," so it's impossible to know how many detractors' eyes have been bruised by my car. I have a couple of friends who weren't crazy about it at first, but now they think it looks good, so...

Perhaps this redesign will be hailed as the best-looking Civic ever. Okay, probably not. I'm still partial to the 5th gen, with its low beltline, big greenhouse, and the clamshell hatch. Everyone has a favorite, and the 11th gen will be that to somebody.

I remember seeing a Ford Tempo in 1984 and thinking it was the ugliest car I'd ever laid eyes on. Of course, I was 15 years old, and I was partial to 1st gen Mustangs and hardtop 70s GM muscle. I had no frame of reference for the jellybean. The Tempo (and later Taurus) represented a bold shift away from the rectilinear dreck we'd been fed for a decade. The design language had changed, and our reaction to it adapted over time. Subsequently, nobody's proposed a retro homage to the 1977 Impala. Not yet, at least.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I don't mind the front end, I actually figured the front treatment would be similar to the new fit, and I was right. The body color nose where the emblem goes, even the lower grill and side fog light housings mirror the overall shape and look of the new fit. Overall the front tones down the over styling without becoming hideous. I don't hate the rear tail lights... it actually looks like it might get somewhat of a full width taillight bar, which is a plus in my book...

What is REALLY bugging me tho is the side profile view... They added that third back window which takes the overall look of the car from hot hatch, to station wagon, definitely wish they hadn't added that.

I doubt the car has grown in size at all as they'll most likely just put this new body on the current platform so I expect overall dimensions, overhangs, etc to be similar to the current HB. However, I wish they'd kept the floating rear spoiler... again, the loss of that gives crosstour/wagon vibes instead of hot hatch.... Hopefully they'll offer a (smaller than the CTR) spoiler for the lower trims to help visually lift that back end up, because it just looks like a stretched out sedan now.

This has me hoping even more that they'll bring back the CRZ... because I'm not sure this is something I would trade my 10G coupe for... But like all things, I'll wait to see it fully fleshed out in person before making a final judgement, these patent renders are always a bit awkward looking.

Kytann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2013 Mustang GT, 2012 F150
It looks like Honda was tired of the criticism of the overstyled nature of the 10g and decided to tone it down a notch. I dunno, it kind of feels like what they did with the 9th generation which IMO was very conservative.

It was mainly writers of reviews that criticized the styling, the sales should be what they listen too. And as far as I know the sales of the 10th generation far exceeded the 9th Generation.

I also think that this new generation looks BORING. Just more motivation to keep my 2018 Si, but I am slightly disappointed.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
I like how they cleaned up the rear, not a fan of the huge fake vents, but not crazy about taillight design. Like some said would've been nice if they kept the similar light design to keep it unique.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Front looks like an accord headlight/grille mixed with a camry fog light garnish/lower grille
Rear looks sort of like an accord mixed with stinger taillight styling

Windows/doors/roof look nearly identical to the 10th gen

If they use the same powertrain it's basically a refresh with more "mature" styling lol

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
I like how they cleaned up the rear, not a fan of the huge fake vents, but not crazy about taillight design. Like some said would've been nice if they kept the similar light design to keep it unique.
I like the boomerang/crab claws. You know you are coming up on a xgen Civic when you see em

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
Definitely not complaining about cutting out the rear "vents" and streamlining what's up front. Overall it looks like an Accord to me (while the back made me think of the Kia Stinger). I'd never actually heard of the rear lamps as 'boomerang' before, I always called them crab claws... Just the way it looked to me on the FK8's at night. I'll wait to see what the production model looks like before I break out the torches and pitchforks.