• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
It's almost as ugly as the 10th generation hatch. I'm keeping my coupe..... the only good-looking Honda, and they quit making it.

ManualOnly

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's almost as ugly as the 10th generation hatch. I'm keeping my coupe..... the only good-looking Honda, and they quit making it.
I completely agree. Dropping the 2-Door, especially for the Si, is a big mistake.

Many car companies make limited edition models that may not sell the most compared to their other models, but it attracts car buyers to their other models. History has proven this is a successful strategy.

Look at the 3 American brands. They all kept their 2-Door Sport/Performance models with Manual Transmissions.
Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, & Ford Mustang.

The Camaro & Mustang even have 4-Cylinder versions with Manual Transmissions, & both are faster in the Quarter Mile than the Civic Si by about a 1/2 second, but the Civic Si gets vastly better MPG.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I completely agree. Dropping the 2-Door, especially for the Si, is a big mistake.

Many car companies make limited edition models that may not sell the most compared to their other models, but it attracts car buyers to their other models. History has proven this is a successful strategy.

Look at the 3 American brands. They all kept their 2-Door Sport/Performance models with Manual Transmissions.
Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, & Ford Mustang.

The Camaro & Mustang even have 4-Cylinder versions with Manual Transmissions, & both are faster in the Quarter Mile than the Civic Si by about a 1/2 second, but the Civic Si gets vastly better MPG.
They, however, do not have these mentioned sold worldwide, or not generate enough sales to make it worthwhile.

The civic sedan and hatchback are worldwide platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I have no hate but it seems to me that Honda cares more about their profit than making a statement. They even skipped the 9th gen sedan in Japan due to poor sales, and come back with the sedan in the 10th generation.

ManualOnly

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
They, however, do not have these mentioned sold worldwide, or not generate enough sales to make it worthwhile.

The civic sedan and hatchback are worldwide platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I have no hate but it seems to me that Honda cares more about their profit than making a statement. They even skipped the 9th gen sedan in Japan due to poor sales, and come back with the sedan in the 10th generation.
The Dodge Challenger & Ford Mustang are sold in Germany (Deutschland), Europe's largest market:

Ford Mustang:
https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/ford-mustang?vehicleNavCategory=pv

Dodge Challenger (Scroll down a bit on this site to see the models):
https://www.agtauto.com/de/dodge/challenger/

On the Chevy German site, it appears they only sell the Corvette. No other models. Ditto for France & the UK.

Of these, both the Mustang & Challenger outsell the Camaro worldwide (I think the Camaro is the best looking of the 3).
  • "Ford sold 61,090 Mustangs in the United States in 2020"
  • "The Challenger racked up 52,995 sales in the U.S. in 2020"
Keep in mind, these sales numbers are for 2020 (& only US sales) when COVID-19 became a worldwide issue, & overall US car sales were over 3 Million LESS than in previous years.

As some have pointed out in these posts, the Even Gen Civic models (Gen 8, Gen 10, etc) tend to be better looking & more sporty, while the Odd Gen Civic models (Gen 7, Gen 9, etc) tend to be more Blah & Boring.
Hopefully, the Gen 12 Civic will keep this trend.

takemorepills

Reaction score
Car(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Well, the great news for all of you current Gen 10 owners is that there's no reason for you to blow your money on a Gen 11 Civic. Since they are so ugly, and likely to not be mechanically very different, you can spend your money on other things.