• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
I completely agree. Dropping the 2-Door, especially for the Si, is a big mistake.

Many car companies make limited edition models that may not sell the most compared to their other models, but it attracts car buyers to their other models. History has proven this is a successful strategy.

Look at the 3 American brands. They all kept their 2-Door Sport/Performance models with Manual Transmissions.
Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, & Ford Mustang.

The Camaro & Mustang even have 4-Cylinder versions with Manual Transmissions, & both are faster in the Quarter Mile than the Civic Si by about a 1/2 second, but the Civic Si gets vastly better MPG.
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
I completely agree. Dropping the 2-Door, especially for the Si, is a big mistake.

Many car companies make limited edition models that may not sell the most compared to their other models, but it attracts car buyers to their other models. History has proven this is a successful strategy.

Look at the 3 American brands. They all kept their 2-Door Sport/Performance models with Manual Transmissions.
Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, & Ford Mustang.

The Camaro & Mustang even have 4-Cylinder versions with Manual Transmissions, & both are faster in the Quarter Mile than the Civic Si by about a 1/2 second, but the Civic Si gets vastly better MPG.
They, however, do not have these mentioned sold worldwide, or not generate enough sales to make it worthwhile.

The civic sedan and hatchback are worldwide platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I have no hate but it seems to me that Honda cares more about their profit than making a statement. They even skipped the 9th gen sedan in Japan due to poor sales, and come back with the sedan in the 10th generation.

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
They, however, do not have these mentioned sold worldwide, or not generate enough sales to make it worthwhile.

The civic sedan and hatchback are worldwide platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I have no hate but it seems to me that Honda cares more about their profit than making a statement. They even skipped the 9th gen sedan in Japan due to poor sales, and come back with the sedan in the 10th generation.
The Dodge Challenger & Ford Mustang are sold in Germany (Deutschland), Europe's largest market:

Ford Mustang:
https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/ford-mustang?vehicleNavCategory=pv

Dodge Challenger (Scroll down a bit on this site to see the models):
https://www.agtauto.com/de/dodge/challenger/

On the Chevy German site, it appears they only sell the Corvette. No other models. Ditto for France & the UK.

Of these, both the Mustang & Challenger outsell the Camaro worldwide (I think the Camaro is the best looking of the 3).
  • "Ford sold 61,090 Mustangs in the United States in 2020"
  • "The Challenger racked up 52,995 sales in the U.S. in 2020"
Keep in mind, these sales numbers are for 2020 (& only US sales) when COVID-19 became a worldwide issue, & overall US car sales were over 3 Million LESS than in previous years.

As some have pointed out in these posts, the Even Gen Civic models (Gen 8, Gen 10, etc) tend to be better looking & more sporty, while the Odd Gen Civic models (Gen 7, Gen 9, etc) tend to be more Blah & Boring.
Hopefully, the Gen 12 Civic will keep this trend.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Well, the great news for all of you current Gen 10 owners is that there's no reason for you to blow your money on a Gen 11 Civic. Since they are so ugly, and likely to not be mechanically very different, you can spend your money on other things.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
I like my 10th gen better. New one is plain-looking.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
unless honda goes type r all wheel drive it wouldn’t be good idea to change for the new model, look wise the fk8 looks more agresive , no way that model looks better than the actual type r ,2016 and 2017 up type r are the best looking . i dont even understand why poeple say its to much going on with the fk8 , you look through youtube and guys are adding even more spiilers to it . Honda will always get hate , it just does it better than other brands hands down

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
unless honda goes type r all wheel drive it wouldn’t be good idea to change for the new model, look wise the fk8 looks more agresive , no way that model looks better than the actual type r ,2016 and 2017 up type r are the best looking . i dont even understand why poeple say its to much going on with the fk8 , you look through youtube and guys are adding even more spiilers to it . Honda will always get hate , it just does it better than other brands hands down
The idea that something looks better than something else is completely subjective. Much like music or art.

Syntaxis

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
I have to agree w/ the posts. When I first saw the images, I thought, bland, especially the rear. It doesn't look (to me) all that different w/ current gen. When this gen first came out, saw one in person at a car show, & thought it was an Accord. Well... Honda has a history of shooting itself in the foot with designs. 2006-2010 was the best Civic ever, design wise (engine was worthless). Then 9th gen was poor, & 10th still looks like an Accord to me. Wish they would re-do the 8th gen & maybe make it a bit more modern. That would be a cool car.
In my opinion, the 10th gen is probably the best design out of the 8th - 11th gen of civics I don't like the slope of the hood on the 8-9th gen and the car looks too short. The 10th gen does look similar to the accord towards the back when looking at it from the side, but the hood and rear end do not at all. The hood still has a bit of a slope compared to the accords flatter style. The 11th gen just looks too blocky especially at the front of the car. The 10th gen hood was flatter than the 8th and 9th which was nice but it still had a slope like a 5-10 degree slope. The 11th however looks flat as hell and it basically goes straight down at the front of the car. I think that's the biggest issue with the design of the car. However, there are a lot of issues with the design of the car. The only part of the design I think I actually like more when comparing it to the 10th gen is the tiny window behind the rear door kind of going up a bit before meeting the chrome trim and then moving towards the trunk.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Decided to do some sketches of the hatch in regular and possible Si variant. I think the Si variants this time will have minor visual adjustments compared to the standard trims. The black mirror caps and handles we saw on the Chinese spec car might be included, as well as red brake calipers, a subtle spoiler, etc.
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 7D8F4E0C-5612-469E-B528-AC9DEC95C353
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 79E15ADC-C3B6-404D-A006-036A27052C62

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

:spaz:

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
I’ve always felt the 10th gen is of the nicest Honda Civics made. But the 11th gen has the heritage right: simple and functional and unfortunately the 10th lacks both of those things in many many ways.
Sponsored