• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
I wouldn't say they "botched" the design but they clearly took a much more conservative route with this generation. If you were to put the 10th gen and 11th Gen side by side and asked me which one looked newer without knowing beforehand, I would have a tough time picking the 11th generation if that makes sense.

I have a feeling once the sport and Si models are released, it will have that sporty look that a lot of us desire. I think Honda just figured that for the vanilla non-si or sport sedans they would go for a more bland design that appeals to everyone. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of people who find the 10th gen design too outlandish even in the States, so Honda is clearly trying to grab back that market.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I wouldn't say they "botched" the design but they clearly took a much more conservative route with this generation. If you were to put the 10th gen and 11th Gen side by side and asked me which one looked newer without knowing beforehand, I would have a tough time picking the 11th generation if that makes sense.

I have a feeling once the sport and Si models are released, it will have that sporty look that a lot of us desire. I think Honda just figured that for the vanilla non-si or sport sedans they would go for a more bland design that appeals to everyone. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of people who find the 10th gen design too outlandish even in the States, so Honda is clearly trying to grab back that market.
I definitely get Honda's strategy. For me personally it was the 10th gen's sporty look (even in non-Si trim) that brought me back to Honda. This 11th gen styling doesn't move the needle for me though.

It will be interesting to see what the final design of the interior looks like.

I also really want to see how the hatch turned out in production form.

Btw, I'm not the only one who feels this way. AutoEvolution called it underwhelming and bland.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...aged-in-china-looks-underwhelming-158032.html

Last edited:

Kgm32

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart,
Yawn....Civic or Forte they now look pretty similar. Like 10th gen much more.
Sponsored