• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I still don’t know why the LX Hatch is $3.5k more than the LX sedan in Canada. The only difference I see is the 16” Alloys on the Hatch.

OP
OP
Steve182022

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I still don’t know why the LX Hatch is $3.5k more than the LX sedan in Canada. The only difference I see is the 16” Alloys on the Hatch.
Sedans are made in Canada. Hatchbacks are made in US. Could that partially explain it?

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
My god! Look at all those colour choices for the manual in sport Touring! If I wasn't so obsessed with the new Integra stuff I would've been hootin' and hollerin' right now and considering driving up to Canada just to purchase an ST and drive it back down. But alas, I need to wait another 6 months again~ *sigh*

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
My god! Look at all those colour choices for the manual in sport Touring! If I wasn't so obsessed with the new Integra stuff I would've been hootin' and hollerin' right now and considering driving up to Canada just to purchase an ST and drive it back down. But alas, I need to wait another 6 months again~ *sigh*
Dude me too!!! I am low-key PISSED that the ST 6MT gets only 3 basic, boring ass colors...but once I got a whiff that this integra would offer a 6MT I literally stop giving a damn. LOL. Still mad, but as long as Acura doesn't pull this limited color BULLSHIT with the Integra I'm good with it.

Lazyturbo

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think from a structural perspective, it is more challenging to design a hatchback because there is one less horizontal member to reinforce the structure at the rear of the vehicle. The lift gate on this new hatchback is also made of a type of 'plastic' to make it more lightweight in comparison to steel, but it increased the cost.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I think from a structural perspective, it is more challenging to design a hatchback because there is one less horizontal member to reinforce the structure at the rear of the vehicle. The lift gate on this new hatchback is also made of a type of 'plastic' to make it more lightweight in comparison to steel, but it increased the cost.
I could understand that except that in the US the Hatch is only $1.2k more than the sedan. There is an extra $2k gap in Canada and there no way that the 16” Alloys on the LX hatch in Canada cost anywhere near that.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Considering how much a max'd sport touring costs...I am terrified to see the price of the new type R.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Because Honda was hosting a concert last night over there.
Austin TX, right? That’s like the Silicon Valley of TX. Plano TX is where Toyota is headquartered.
Sponsored