• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
We bring you some exclusive first footage of the next generation Civic Type R track testing on the Nürburgring!

The new Honda Civic Type R took its first lap on the Nürburgring today and we captured video and photos in all its glory.

We were hoping for extensive track time but after just one lap, the CTR left the Nürburgring track. It may have been due to the slightly wet track conditions but we can't be sure.

We'll waiting to see if the vehicle comes back to the track later or if it will continue driving the surrounding roads as it did last week.

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-1

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-2

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-3

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-4

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-5

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-6

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-7

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-8

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-9

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-10

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-11

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-12

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-13

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-14

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-15

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-16

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-17

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-18

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-19

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-20

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-21

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-22

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-23

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-24

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-25

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-26

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-27

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-28

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-29

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-30

11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 2022-civic-type-r-nurburgring-track-testing-31
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Finally Honda gave the R a proper exhaust. Its gotta much louder, even in the open track setting you can still hear it pretty clearly. It also seems to have a intake roar like a N/A engine. Definitely a welcome change and improvement from the Hoover noises the FK8 made.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Finally Honda gave the R a proper exhaust. Its gotta much louder, even in the open track setting you can still hear it pretty clearly. It also seems to have a intake roar like a N/A engine. Definitely a welcome change and improvement from the Hoover noises the FK8 made.
It got much louder because it’s built in the US now. I think there is a regulation to how loud an Exhaust can be manufactured in the UK.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Music to my ears!!! This is awesome!

I'm all about getting more out of things I own but I have a feeling I'll be leaving this car untouched for at least a couple years before adding power. They've really resolved most of the complaints from previous gen!

Honda. If you're reading this. Good job. Also...take my money!!!

I do feel bad about everyone in the US with all the markups. Move to Canada...dealer told me they're not allowed to markup cars. Though you also have to sign non-export agreement for Honda.

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
It got much louder because it’s built in the US now. I think there is a regulation to how loud an Exhaust can be manufactured in the UK.
Is the new Type R gonna build in US? any confirmation?
there are some rumours from Bestcar and some JP magazines said its possible that new Type R will build in JP because the JDM FL1 is manufactured in Saitama

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Music to my ears!!! This is awesome!

I'm all about getting more out of things I own but I have a feeling I'll be leaving this car untouched for at least a couple years before adding power. They've really resolved most of the complaints from previous gen!

Honda. If you're reading this. Good job. Also...take my money!!!

I do feel bad about everyone in the US with all the markups. Move to Canada...dealer told me they're not allowed to markup cars. Though you also have to sign non-export agreement for Honda.

I'm sure we'll see markets the first year and with the chip shortage but even then people were able to score the first year FK8 at msrp by going to dealers in rural areas. I don't plan on paying more than msrp. Also the new R will be made in Ohio so you won't have to wait for ships from UK as before. I expect much better inventory.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
there are some rumours from Bestcar and some JP magazines said its possible that new Type R will build in JP because the JDM FL1 is manufactured in Saitama
Type R’s globally from what I know are 100% confirmed to be built in Ohio in the same plant as the Civic Hatchback.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It doesn't matter where the car is made that the car sounds different. Its the regulations that does it. Euro cars need particulate filters, US doesn't. None of the Type R's in US has them. Sound was one of the biggest gripes and Honda listened, simple as that. Even if it did have particulate filters, you can still tune the sound.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. Sound of that exhaust could have been made completely different for cars shipped to NA if anything but they didn't. Maybe they just didn't make enough changes from the previous European generations.

But let's not bother us with these details. Let's just all enjoy that improved exhaust note and wait patiently for ours (wipes drool from mouth).

I want more on timelines!!! haha. Does anyone know 2017 civic first test on Nurburgring till release timing?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Yeah. Sound of that exhaust could have been made completely different for cars shipped to NA if anything but they didn't. Maybe they just didn't make enough changes from the previous European generations.

But let's not bother us with these details. Let's just all enjoy that improved exhaust note and wait patiently for ours (wipes drool from mouth).

I want more on timelines!!! haha. Does anyone know 2017 civic first test on Nurburgring till release timing?
Two years for the FK8. Let’s hope sooner for the new one as it’s technically a refresh.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...totype-testing-expected-stateside-100944.html

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @TypeSiR

Man that's a long wait. Looks like US release was mid June 2017 and deliveries took a while but that was pre-pandemic. Hopefully we'll actually see it in 2022

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Honda said it was coming out in 2022. Most likely end of summer to fall where Honda likes to launch their cars. If you look at the prototype, its basically a production model.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
11th Gen Honda Civic ? First Video of 2023 Civic Type R Track Testing at Nurburgring! 1634239119402

They're still developing the Elantra N? Not sure why they even bother with the camo, it's been officially unveiled months ago.

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Pretty sure RHD models are made in Japan, at least Honda Australia has confirmed they will be bringing new models such as Civic including CTR, CR-V etc from Japan. Quite emotional we are finally getting CTR from Japan again.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm sure some of the exhaust sounds we are hearing in the vid are other cars. Either way, doesn't sound as good as the veloster N.
Sponsored