• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any 1.5T owners do just a tune yet?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
I'll be getting a Touring sedan this week and I was well and plenty impressed with it on my test drive. I am coming from a 2017 with the 2.0NA in it so it is an upgrade no matter what but I am interested in the impressions from say the KTuner 18 PSI Stage 1 tune.
Sponsored

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I don't think there's a ots tune available for the 22s yet. Haven't seen Hondata, Two Step or Phearable release anything but keep your eyes peeled!

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think there's a ots tune available for the 22s yet.
KTuner has a couple listed but no idea if they are actually downloadable or not. I won't be getting a KTuner till next year for it so I will have ample time to hear what people have to say about the performance difference :) I just like knowing sooner so I can set priorities on what to get when.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Had to do a double take, they do list that they are available for the 22s just download and load to your Ktuner and you will be good to go

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
There are tunes from both Hondata and Ktuner now available for the 1.5T. We have used them both and a big improvement over OEM. I do suggest it.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
We are getting the numbers for these tunes, but I really want to know what real world improvement it makes (0-30, 0-60, 0-100 times). HP and TQ only tell half the story, especially since the new 11th gen was nerfed in the engine department compared to the 10th. I want to see actual performance numbers from Phearable and Hondata, not just Dyno results.

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
especially since the new 11th gen was nerfed in the engine department compared to the 10th
It was nerfed in the throttle and transmission programming or something. The "to the crank" #s are higher on the new gen engine. What nerfed it is downstream from the crank, even if we don't know specifically.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It was nerfed in the throttle and transmission programming or something. The "to the crank" #s are higher on the new gen engine. What nerfed it is downstream from the crank, even if we don't know specifically.
I'll reword what I said, "straight line performance was nerfed" on the new gen (regardless of where said nerfing happened, I think, as you said, honda tweaked the transmission and throttle to get a smoother more linear power application, and improve efficiency, at the sacrifice of quickness). Either way, I'd like to see the actual performance numbers of the tuned 11th gen (compared to a stock/tuned 10th gen).

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Did you end up tuning? My wife ended up getting an 11th gen civic ex and it’s handling and comfort level is good imo. It’s slower but I like the quality of life changes made overall.

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up tuning? My wife ended up getting an 11th gen civic ex and it’s handling and comfort level is good imo. It’s slower but I like the quality of life changes made overall.
Not yet. Winter is upon us and my son is the primary driver of the car where I work from home. He was why we have the new 2022 and is still not fully comfortable from having written off the 2017.

Definitely doing it in the spring though. My boy will be 19 so he will have to have gotten over it by then :p Also it will be tax return time and my first bonus in my new job role so a guy has to treat himself :)
Sponsored