Sponsored

Recent content by D-RobIMW

  1. Anyone Want to Share Data Logs w/Kuro Turbo?

    Hello, Now that I've had a chance to decompress a little from the work week, I'll try to keep this relatively short and direct to the point. When you do this job long enough, you start to see trends emerge. What may seem like a perfectly suitable recommendation early on can slowly reveal...
  2. Anyone Want to Share Data Logs w/Kuro Turbo?

    Interesting thread; admittedly I don't check forums much these days, but given I'm mentioned quite a bit in this conversation, I suppose I will compile some information to support why I make the recommendation for fuel system upgrade with any turbo upgrade so the information is able to be...
  3. Downpipe differences

    Correlation is not causation. :) I've tuned a bazillion of these things, and I can tell you with a high level of confidence that the difference between most catted vs catless downpipes is so minimal, it's not even funny. The bigger factor on your comparison is how far we were able to go before...
  4. Jester’s Hondata thread

    Just a correction here: I'm unsure where you got the idea that the B-Series distributor cars don't have ECU-controlled ignition advance... They absolutely do. The distributor is sync'd with the ECU, and the ECU still controls ignition output signal to the coil to time the spark event. You do...
  5. FL5 tuning issue

    Hello! The problem is actually the result of an early set of problems Hondata had with intake cam control that required some very unorthodox targets. They silently fixed the problem a couple of updates ago, and as a result, their own basemaps and the TSP1 need an update to fix this. I have...
  6. The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

    If @Hondata needs some CARB FlashPro units, I've got a stack of confiscated bricks here collecting dust.
  7. KTuner 2022+ Civic Si Tune Results - Fantastic Gains!

    Be on the lookout for "TSP Stage 1" soon, with similar gains and features that made the 10th Gen Si-version a best-seller.
  8. VTEC.. is this for real?

    This is not correct. VTEC is never used at wide open throttle on the 2022 Civic Si. As I stated previously, the engagement RPM for high load is literally 32,767rpm.
  9. KTuner 2022+ Civic Si Tune Results - Fantastic Gains!

    I've seen 10thGens slip the clutch completely stock, and alternatively, I've had them hold almost 300lbs-ft. They're all over the board.
  10. PRL Motorsports 11th Gen 2022+ Civic Si Baseline Dyno Test

    I haven't taken the time to compare part numbers or order parts to confirm anything yet. See above.
  11. KTuner 2022+ Civic Si Tune Results - Fantastic Gains!

    I saw slip as early as ~265lb-ft on my dyno with this test car. This car had 900+ miles on the clock (a bit beyond what most clutch manufacturers recommend for "break-in"), so I doubt it will be much better with significantly more miles. It looks like the aftermarket will have to step up again.
  12. VTEC.. is this for real?

    OK. :) Have a good one.
  13. VTEC.. is this for real?

    It's not, though. Again, "VTEC" is never used at wide open throttle on the L15's with it. Accord, Civic (non-Si), and Civic Si. None of these engines are using VTEC at high load, ever. The "engage" RPM is literally 32,767rpm in the ECU for these models. They're likely using it in this case...
  14. VTEC.. is this for real?

    Sure. :) "VTEC" has been used for a bunch of reasons over the years by Honda for numerous reasons; not all of them for power. The moniker is nothing more than buzzword to describe a system that allows for multiple lift/duration profiles (whether or not those profiles are to change the shape of...
  15. PRL Motorsports 11th Gen 2022+ Civic Si Baseline Dyno Test

    "Accurate" isn't a word that should be used when talking about dynamometers. Every. Dyno. Reads. Different. You cannot compare numbers from two different cars on two different machines.




Top