Sponsored

Windshield replacement on national backorder?

mistople

Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
20
Location
Seattle
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Has anyone else had trouble getting a replacement windshield? Search tells me some of you have waited a couple weeks. I'm 2+ months in with not even an ETA from Safelite or Honda.

Does that sound right? Tired of staring through a giant crack :/
Sponsored

 

JCZ5

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
109
Reaction score
111
Location
Philly / NYC
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Sounds about right, I waited about a month back in May. Safelite kept rescheduling, finally my local Honda dealership got back to me. Crazy expensive windshield, I think it was $2,600ish. Was expecting insurance to push back, but they covered 100%
 

AspecR

Senior Member
First Name
Stefan
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
2,384
Reaction score
3,772
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Has anyone else had trouble getting a replacement windshield? Search tells me some of you have waited a couple weeks. I'm 2+ months in with not even an ETA from Safelite or Honda.

Does that sound right? Tired of staring through a giant crack :/
This is actually quite normal for the OEM FL5 windshield. It's pretty much been on backorder since the Type R launched. you just have to constantly check and keep in touch wwith your dealership(s)
Sponsored

 
 







Top