Sponsored

What is the proper size for a socket to fit the factory lug nuts on a 2023 Type R?

AUGM1

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Threads
16
Messages
93
Reaction score
11
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
SI
I must be dumb or something, but when I search the web everything that comes up is aftermarket nuts.
Anyway, I was thinking it may be 22mm or 23mm, which I don't have.
Need to know so I can order from Amazon.
Sponsored

 

jtlctr

Senior Member
First Name
Jake
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
711
Reaction score
882
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Acura RDX
22mm for the factory lug nuts.
 

MoodySara

Senior Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
May 5, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
175
Reaction score
159
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2025 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
Yeah, 22mm. I'd get a socket with a nylon or Teflon sleeve around it. There isn't a lot of extra space around the lug nut. The sleeve will help prevent scratching the wheel.
 

Pekingduck

Senior Member
First Name
Albert
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Threads
10
Messages
221
Reaction score
183
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
Na
I got koken socket due to tighter tolerance. I had a mac socket and rounded or got stuck my ray “tuner” lugs. It has nylon guard and extended

Koken
 

jtlctr

Senior Member
First Name
Jake
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
711
Reaction score
882
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Acura RDX
Have the full set of these, highly recommend
I LOVE Koken tools! Their fine tooth ratchets are the best I’ve used. Major emphasis on minimizing back drag. When they released these ratchets a few years ago, they claimed that it took 4 years of development to perfect the characteristics they were aiming for. And that is why I love Japanese products!
Sponsored

 
 







Top