• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

-2.0 rear camber after pro kit install.

nodnarb901

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I got my pro kit springs installed yesterday.
when we aligned it we got-2.0 of rear camber.
weird thing is the Hunter alignment machine said it was within spec/green.
however my buddy who helped with the install/alignment said this was bad and will eat up my rear tires.
Anyone have experience with this using Eibach pro kit?
if I need a rear camber kit which one is recommended?

11th Gen Honda Civic -2.0 rear camber after pro kit install. IMG_4885

11th Gen Honda Civic -2.0 rear camber after pro kit install. IMG_4884
Sponsored

ProjectDD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
You may see a little bit of accelerated wear. As long as your rear toe is in spec, it will be minimal. I routinely run my street cars around -2 degrees of camber. With 0 toe front and just a bit of rear toe in and don't see camber wear.

What was your front camber?

OP
OP
nodnarb901

nodnarb901

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
You may see a little bit of accelerated wear. As long as your rear toe is in spec, it will be minimal. I routinely run my street cars around -2 degrees of camber. With 0 toe front and just a bit of rear toe in and don't see camber wear.

What was your front camber?
We got the toe pretty close to 0, I can’t remember what the front camber was. It was better than the front, and the guy that did it didn’t seem to thank it would be an issue.
sorry To be so vague, when we were done the only thing I remember was the-2.0 degrees camber in the rear, as he was worried about it. Didn’t remember the rest because he did it was good.

MooMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
agree. -2 in rear will be fine as long as toe is 0. Also I am surprised they didn't give you an alignment sheet but regardless its most likely fine

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have ran Spoon springs and now Eibach Pro-Kit. Both gave me -2.0 in the rear, which is fine. The allowance is the rear for the FL5 is -2.3. That’s why it showed in the green. My fronts are also -2.0, as I have the front pins pulled.

Toe is the most important part with camber around -2.0. Don’t forget to rotate, which will help.

11th Gen Honda Civic -2.0 rear camber after pro kit install. IMG_9992

OP
OP
nodnarb901

nodnarb901

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks for the help everyone. Sounds like I’ll be ok as long as my toe is ok, which it was.

Lukeklaas

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
I have ran Spoon springs and now Eibach Pro-Kit. Both gave me -2.0 in the rear, which is fine. The allowance is the rear for the FL5 is -2.3. That’s why it showed in the green. My fronts are also -2.0, as I have the front pins pulled.

Toe is the most important part with camber around -2.0. Don’t forget to rotate, which will help.

IMG_9992.jpeg
Why did you switch from spoon to eibach?

Robo7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I have this question too. These are the 2 I’m considering. What are the pros/cons of each?

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Rear sag. But apparently that has been addressed with the newer springs they are producing. Other than that, I was very happy with them.

I’m now on Swift springs, and am content finally.

Robo7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Rear sag. But apparently that has been addressed with the newer springs they are producing. Other than that, I was very happy with them.

I’m now on Swift springs, and am content finally.
Wait so you have tried Spoon, Eibach, and Swift?? You have to be one of the only people on this forum with direct experience with all 3. Have you posted your thoughts on how they compare anywhere? I would love to hear what you liked and disliked about each, and why Swift springs won out.
Sponsored