Sponsored

Search results

  1. Is it possible to make the Type R seats heated?

    Hardcore racecar boi. Creature comforts are for losers. No A/C GANG #JDM
  2. Is it possible to make the Type R seats heated?

    Here ya go. Template on FK8, apply to FL5. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/did-a-thing-today-ctr-now-has-heated-seats.79553/
  3. Is it possible to make the Type R seats heated?

    Yes! A guy did it on the FK8 forums. I'll dig it up for you - resident FK8 liaison TheCanadian
  4. Second Gear Grind 😢

    I don’t think a track day would affect your warranty. Competitive racing would
  5. GPS lost

    Looks like they based it off the FK8 radio eh :p
  6. FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese

    Random Observation: Acura recommends 93 octane for the Integra, while Honda only requires 91 octane for the FK8/FL5. This could be related to the tune I'd suspect.
  7. When will FL5 LE come out?

    Probably end of 2025 MY, release near 2026?
  8. Second Gear Grind 😢

    Auto Rev matching is a placebo. It blips the throttle while your foot is still on the clutch, when the transmission is NOT engaged to the engine.
  9. Thoughts on FL5 vs FK8 (by savagegeese)

    This isn't too relevant to the conversation but I am really happy Honda is still making the FL5 and the Integra. I'm watching from the sidelines with my 20' FK8, but I'm happy that if I ever want another FK8/FL5/Integra in 20 years I **might** have a chance at finding one. Similar to how there...
  10. Thoughts on FL5 vs FK8 (by savagegeese)

    Don't damage the trunk liner from carrying all your bullion either!
  11. Thoughts on FL5 vs FK8 (by savagegeese)

    It's on either his or Jack's instagram. It's replacing the GR86.
  12. Weird dust pattern on driver’s door

    If it’s building up it’s on the PPF. Not underneath.
  13. Anyone running heavier oil ie 5w30?

    No reason to change unless you are heavily modified and/or tracking the car. Street driving, even spiritedly, will never reach dangerous oil/coolant temps.
  14. Don't shift into 1st Gear or else ...

    Interesting. I read it in a press release back in the day, the wording made it sound as if it had rev matching in first gear too https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/429984/2023-honda-civic-type-r
  15. Don't shift into 1st Gear or else ...

    Also I just remembered. One of the selling points of the FL5, directly from Honda, is that it rev matches for downshifts into first gear. Which means Honda is OK with it.
  16. Don't shift into 1st Gear or else ...

    For the FK8 at least, it does not have a lockout in first. I let a passenger try 2>3 to feel the shifter, and they did 2 -> 1 instead. I was going around 50 km / 31mph. (don't worry I did not release clutch and moved it to 3rd ;) )
  17. Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

    Looks like someone imported a U.S Boost Blue into Canada https://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-58229692
  18. Is anyone doing anything extra for the security system?

    1 will allow you to open the door but not start the car 2 is dangerous and can result in car getting stolen, don’t hang your key near the front door 3 I haven’t seen this happen on Honda’s. It’s a big problem with Toyota as there are live canbus wires going to the fog light that can program...
  19. Old civic

    Just drive the FL5 buddy. That's what it's made to do. Why spend hard earned $ on it just to park it away? It's a 4 seat hatchback!




Top