• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is it possible to make the Type R seats heated?

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
Thanks to the Integra Type S, 2/3 of my problems with the Type R can now be fixed pretty easily: the suspension stiffness and the exhaust. The only remaining bummer for me is the lack of heated seats. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to make the stock seats heated, or knows if this is possible? Even for $$$$? I realize many drivers of this car don't care about having heated seats, but I do :).

It's worth mentioning I'd want to somehow install the heating elements in the stock FL5 seats, since those are one of the main reasons I'd buy a Type R over the ITS to begin with — I don't want different seats in this car. Obviously my easiest solution is to just buy an ITS — which I might do — but curious if anyone on here knows if this is even possible.
Sponsored

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yes! A guy did it on the FK8 forums. I'll dig it up for you
- resident FK8 liaison TheCanadian

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I mean no disrespect or harm, but it appears the FL5 isn't for you and that's ok. When you start modifying a car to the point where the car loses its soul, why continue on with it? I'm all about modifying cars and making them your own, but you have to know when it's best to cut bait and get another car that ticks more boxes for you.

OP
OP
superporpoise

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
I mean no disrespect or harm, but it appears the FL5 isn't for you and that's ok. When you start modifying a car to the point where the car loses its soul, why continue on with it? I'm all about modifying cars and making them your own, but you have to know when it's best to cut bait and get another car that ticks more boxes for you.
What "soul" does the CTR lose by gaining heated seats?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It's not a singular item, it's the list of items in totality. At a minimum, you take issue with the suspension, exhaust, and seats. It's not a wild thought that this might not be the car for you.

OP
OP
superporpoise

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
It's not a singular item, it's the list of items in totality. At a minimum, you take issue with the suspension, exhaust, and seats. It's not a wild thought that this might not be the car for you.
I mean the first two items on that list are subjective flaws that most journalists and many owners see in the car: it's too stiff in +R and it doesn't sound good. Heated seats are a preference but in my world have nothing to do with a car's soul.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
It sounds like you need more comfort. Maybe an ITS?

OP
OP
superporpoise

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
It sounds like you need more comfort. Maybe an ITS?
Even though the ITS fixes some of the flaws with the FL5, I'd prefer the Honda if possible. It looks better (to me), it's a few inches shorter, and the seats are better than the ITS seats. I'd probably be happy with either but assuming CTR actual prices continue to drop, I might go that route and make these three changes.

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
I don't think there is anything wrong with you wanting heated seats, I too wish they came with them from the factory. For me though the car gets put up for the winter so really no point in me adding it.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
"iF yoU wAnTeD hEaTeD sEaTs yoU sHoUlDvE goTTeN a diFfeRent caR"

I don't know about everyone else but I bought this car as a "do it all" car. A street trackable car that's serves as a good daily also. I wish it had all the features.

Last edited: