Sponsored

Search results

  1. What the lowest on track oil pressure you are comfortable with?

    What is the lowest oil pressure are you guys comfortable running on track, once the car is a bit warm? My FL5 is bone stock, 0W20, race brake pads and high temp fluid. I run 20 minute sessions. I’ve seen the LogR oil temp spike at 135C  = 275 °F, and the oil pressure hover around 60 PSI...
  2. New infotainment update, 77CA-0079-121 -RT60CS1 - R1

    New update popped up on my infotainment today. Came up when I hit the software update button and connected to wifi. Some bug fixes for the system, CarPlay, and LogR. Full change log Blank screen appears after ignition is turned on. Navigation map may not be displayed. Navigation route...
  3. Any tried the Airtec Motorsports Turbo Radiator?

    https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/product/airtec-motorsport-turbo-radiator-for-honda-civic-fl5-type-r/ Seems like a pretty nifty idea, running a half size radiator directly on the turbo coolant drain line. It is where the coolant will be hottest and is cooled immediately before feeding back into...
  4. Rear brake pad burn rate with TC Control Off, VSA Off, Pedal dance

    Can anyone quantify this for me? R Mode -> Rear brake vectoring will increase rear pad wear R Mode One press VSA - >>>>> ???? R Mode VSA/TC Long press fully off >>>>>>???? Any mode + pedal dance --> Rear vectoring disabled. Is there a difference in rear pad use between traction one press and...
  5. Washing the engine bay? The OEM intake does NOT have a drain!!!!

    Got a bit too liberal when trying to remove the dirt and disease in the bay. I opened up the intake box and cleaned out all the water before starting the car. You've been warned !!!!!
  6. How much of the front rotor screw do I need to drill out?

    This rotor just will not budge! Do I need to drill more than just the head of the screw?
  7. FL5 Windshield Reservoir behind bumper photos

    Hello everyone. Does anyone happen to have an FL5 with the bumper removed handy right now? I'm looking at retrofitting the 4.5L Canadian spec washer fluid reservoir in the spring. I can't remove my bumper yet because I'm in the middle of winter. If anyone does have access, some pictures...
  8. Tuxmat warning in winter

    Warning to those in slushy conditions. The design of the Tuxmats provides great coverage allowing it to hold a lot of standing water and saving the carpets under the pedals. However the mat gets fairly low underneath the seat rails. I've taken mine out to clean an noticed salty water has been...
  9. Is there a reason the OE FL5 rear brake pads are 3x the price of 20'+ FK8 ones?

    2020+ FK8 https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~pad~set~rr~43022-tgh-a11.html 2023+ FL5 https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~pad~set~rr~43022-t60-a01.html I'm thinking to just throw a set of FK8 pads on the rear next time and compare the backing plates to see manufacturing numbers...
  10. Winter Driving? Get Rock/Mudguards

    This will save the side of your car in winter
  11. Debris in Oil Change - am I cooked fellas

    Did my second oil change at 6000 miles. Only used on street for daily driving. Some small debris that looks like black grit/dirt. A handful of small copper strands. Could not see anything floating in the oil - it was only visible after I drained the waste oil out. I’ll be informing the dealer...
  12. Can someone verify these transmission washer part numbers?

    All of the online Honda parts websites seem to be glitching for the FL5. Can someone who has done the work verify I have the correct part numbers? Drain/Fill = 2x 94109-20000 Check = 1x 90442-R7G-000 Thanks!
  13. FL5 recall (2022-2025 Civic Steering Gearbox Assembly)

    https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/increased-risk-of-crash-prompts-recall-of-239k-vehicles-in-canada-1.7067606 Bulletin posted by @DeVo
  14. Do you trust the estimated Range / low fuel light warning?

    I've noticed something in the last 2 months of ownership. I feel like the range is very conservative. I did a test today and ran the range down to 16km = 10 miles remaining. The car only took 39L of fuel (10.3 gallons). The tank is rated at 47L = 12.7 gallons. Anyone else notice this? Or is my...
  15. 275/30/19 on OEM wheels ?

    I was wondering if a set of ExtremeContact Sport 02's would fit in 275/30/19 on the OEM 19s? I've seen pictures of wide tires on the OEM wheels with spacers - but what about without anything extra?




Top