Sponsored

Search results

  1. *The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

    DS3.12 front, DS1.11 rear on mine. I leave them on full time. Dusty and probably a bit hard on rotors doing that, but I don't drive it much on the street. I get some noise in reverse, but not forward braking.
  2. Considering a CTR

    Compromise? Not at all. The seats in the FL5 are ideal for me, and would be the deciding factor over the ITS if I was in the market now. I couldn’t care less about the snob appeal of fancy leather or expensive CF trim. I actually prefer cloth seats that can breathe. It’s all about the...
  3. Considering a CTR

    Lots of options to simply go fast. Driving engagement is harder to come by. I just picked up a new M2 CS yesterday, and recently sold a GT4. I’ll reserve final judgement on the M2 until after break-in, but first impressions say the FL5 is a keeper.
  4. Replacing undertray fasteners

    I doubt it is more durable, but it is cheap.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D143YKT6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
  5. WOT Performance Dual Oil Cooler Kit

    How much weight does the dual cooler setup add?
  6. Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread

    I had the same experience with it. I’ve been using PFC RH665 with good results.
  7. Club-Version FL5 Civic Type R Build Thread

    What was your “old” brake fluid?
  8. Buzzing Sensation Through Chassis

    Looks like the new gasket cured my issue. Strange, in that I felt it through the chassis, no obvious exhaust leak noise. Maybe the pulses were enough to cause the sheet metal belly pan to vibrate.
  9. Buzzing Sensation Through Chassis

    That was my first thought, but it looks like new. I track the car, but don’t do hard launches. I’m thinking it may be an exhaust leak where the converter mates to the exhaust. The stock gasket doesn’t seal properly to the Milltek flange. I’ve replaced it once, and that’s when I first...
  10. 2026 CW 1600 Miles FS Price?

    If you have an offer of 50 and your mind is made up I’d say take it and run. BUT, take it out on a twisty back road run first. I swapped drives with a friend with a E92 M3 on a mountain drive last year and was shocked at how big, heavy, and slow it felt compared to my CTR.
  11. HONDATA has been purchased by EPT

    I just hope this ends better than the First Brands debacle. I can't argue with the changes resulting from environmental laws, because, well, its the law. The FB mess resulted from pure greed, from what I can tell.
  12. Tracking with Type S module vs Type R

    I’ve only taken mine to CMP and Roebling Road, but I thought the FL5 module on +R felt really good, but I’ve never tried the Acura module. Both are smooth tracks, with minimal use of curbing. I autocrossed regularly for 15 years before I learned about track day events. I enjoyed...
  13. Annual Type R/Type S Track Event at VIR!!!

    I thought sure we would be seeing some videos by now….. Wish I could have been there, but life got in the way.
  14. Buzzing Sensation Through Chassis

    I’m getting an odd buzzing sensation that I feel through the pedals and floorboard, at low rpm (2 K-4K) and moderate load. I’ve checked all of the exhaust mounts, and checked for contact with any of the undertray components. I’m beginning to think I have a motor mount going bad. The car has...
  15. Best way to stop the body roll

    As the saying goes, “Can’t fix it if it ain’t broke!” After seeing this thread title I went back and watched a track video where I was chasing a friend in a CTR around Roebling Road in my GT4. Steady state cornering at 1.2 G on Goodyear SC3R with virtually no body roll. I was impressed enough...
  16. Jacking method for tire rotations at the track

    At home is easy, since I have a 2-post lift. At the track I use a spare wheel to rotate cross corners by lifting one corner at a time. It’s tedious, but it works. No need to torque bolts for the intermediate moves.
  17. Have a C8 Corvette Z51 package and bought my kid the Type R

    I’ve actually been considering a C8, but I don’t want to be one of the stereotypical old white haired guys at C&C with a Corvette. So, instead I’m the old white haired guy at the track with a Boost Blue CTR….
  18. *The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

    I’m wondering if dropping back to 265 might work better on track. I recently noticed that the RE71 (both RS and RZ) in 265 actually has a higher load rating than the 275.
  19. *The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

    Stock except track alignment. 10.5” wheels with 275 fills the wheel well nicely.
  20. 992 GT3 vs. FL5 Type R

    I just sold my GT4 last week. I was having more fun on street and track with my FL5, and now I have a M2CS on the way to keep it company. I can’t really fault Porsche for raising prices. The retail market has gone crazy for the GT cars, and buyers lucky enough to buy at sticker were flipping...




Top