Sponsored

Search results

  1. 0W20 Oil analysis after 29x HPDE sessions and daily driving

    29 HPDE sessions on the same oil?!?
  2. FL5 Track Cooling Experiment: Portable Water Misting the Condenser/Radiator & Intercooler (Data from 99°F Texas HPDE)

    That's what I thought too but saw he mentioned the same thing in a different thread. Specifically states Fan OFF. I typically run ac off, max heat, max fan. My HPDE days require windows open so dont think recirculate makes a difference. I'm curious to know why heat would be max but no fan? @johnloov
  3. FL5 Track Cooling Experiment: Portable Water Misting the Condenser/Radiator & Intercooler (Data from 99°F Texas HPDE)

    Question regarding the heater use on track. Shouldn't you turn the fan ON while running max heat and a/c OFF?
  4. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    I'm questioning if pulling the fuse then putting it back in multiple times might have to do something with it. My Hyundai spring is also rattle free for couple weeks. Been driving recently with fuse pulled valve open though.
  5. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    That's correct! Ignition On/Off (no engine start) with the actuator removed. It will cycle and spin to it's home position within a few seconds then reinstall.
  6. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    My procedure was to make sure valve was in the closed position at the start, remove old spring, install new spring, do the reset procedure, then reinstall actuator. I also noticed the increased spring tension when reinstalling but that didnt cause any issues for me.
  7. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Did you do the reset procedure with the actuator off before you reinstalled with the new spring? Glad your original spring isn't rattling anymore but I had no issues with my install and valve is operating as it should.
  8. California ITS DE5 ADS module - SOLD

    Enjoy your new damper module!
  9. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    I used WD-40 and elbow grease but those pliers would've been nice. Still 0 rattles for me. This seems to be a long term solution.
  10. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Happy to report the rattle is gone with the new spring installed! I'll update if it ever comes back but I think this did the trick. This may also be a solution for others that are experiencing exhaust valve rattle with aftermarket systems that utilize the OEM actuator.
  11. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Part# 287A6-IB100-FFF. I picked it up from my local Hyundai dealer.
  12. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Installed the Hyundai valve spring and can confirm its a direct fit. Its quite a bit stiffer and physically looks to have more spring to it. I removed the lower diffuser and 3 out of the 4 rear muffler hangers. That gave me enough clearance to access the 8mm nuts on the actuator. Took 1.5 hrs...
  13. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Grease lasted 2 days for me. Heard the rattle during this morning's cold start.
  14. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Definitely will need to take off the bottom diffuser piece and lower the rear of the exhaust some to access all of the 8mm nuts. For the heck of it, I sprayed a bit of white lithium grease on the valve hinges and that made the rattle go away! Not sure how long it will last but should hold me...
  15. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    I've messed with it briefly on jack stands without taking anything apart. It's difficult but doesn't seem impossible. You'd have to be doing the removal and install of the actuator by feel. I ordered 2 springs from Hyundai for $8 so I'll give it a shot soon.
  16. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    Thanks for confirming! I didn't think a RMM would affect the rattle since it's more RPM/load driven but didn't want to exclude it as a possibility. I'm not in a rush for a fix but also would eventually like to try something. I'm thinking pick up that upgraded Hyundai spring from a local dealer...
  17. Exhaust Valve Rattle with Dual Resonator Delete

    If I do the fuse pull to lock it open then I have 0 rattles from the valve at all and that's where I plan to keep it 95% of the time. There are very rare occasions where I would want the valves closed but the rattle defeats the purpose since the sound is quite embarrassing. I've sourced a...




Top