I always install them without gapping. Never had any issues. Before inflation, plugs were much cheaper, so i used to put in new plugs in my 10th Gen every year.
You need to adjust the pedal. Your pedal is clicking because the master cylinder pushrod is too short or the stopper bolt is not touching the pad on the pedal. When you let go, it should feel nice and plush without annoying clicking.
Thats for 10th gen. 11th gen service manual lists different values. 212.4mm pedal height and ~2 to ~9mm free play. there is a cutout on the carpet with metal hump underneath. I've tried playing with free play, but neutral position with no preload feels the best to me. 2mm freeplay puts too much...
Installed damper delete on my si. Disengagement definitely seems quicker and consistent. Every little bit helps, because of rev hang. With the damper, sometimes it would take longer to disengage. Maybe it's in my head, maybe it's real, but I can shift faster and more precise. I flashed back to...
Older hondas were much simpler cars. Elantra n is more high strung than the si. Im not sure if it will last 10+ yrs without major overhaul. Headgasket job isnt the end of the world. I find the si very diy friendly. You can call it survivorship bias, but I had close to 150k miles on 10th Gen with...
Type r head gasket is just as flimsy, and there's only a sliver of material separating the cylinders. 2.0l piston diameter and thicker headbolts probably help hold it together better. Fk8 and 2.0t accords do suffer to some extent.
From the service manual
Front subframe bolts Use new bolts 103 N·m (76 lbf·ft)
Front subframe member extension bolts (12
mm)
Use new bolts 60 N·m (44 lbf·ft)
Front subframe member extension bolts (14
mm)
Use new bolts 103 N·m (76 lbf·ft)
Front subframe rear stay bolt (front) Use new bolt 95 N·m...
I did some test driving with early spool off. I like it. Throttle is not as sensitive, but it revs out stronger up top. With early spool, 1st and 2nd gear were kind of useless as it would break traction, and run out of steam quickly, but without early spool, first 2 gears feel longer(if it...
Ive been running early spool since day 1. Didnt hear anything about it when i emailed them. Im going to reflash tonight and see how it runs without early spool. Did he say why they dont reccomend it? Even with early spool, it doesnt feel super punchy down low.
Have you adjusted your clutch pedal? After installing wunderladen racing clutch pedal bushing, i adjusted my pedal per hondas instruction.
It surprisingly made a big difference in shift feel, and although Rev hang shouldn't be affected by it, I can shift much quicker and smoother.
Im running...
Meh. Si was never meant to be for clout chasers. With some minor tweaks, its a fun reliable daily driver. It's comical how much hate this car gets. Parts are relatively cheap, and it's easy to diy. I'm running mine til the wheels fall off.