• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic Discounts

nathanD

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CRV
Planning on getting a 2022 Civic Touring the end of June. Do dealerships generally give any discounts that soon after a new redesign?

Was set on a 2021 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback...until I saw the tech on the 2022 Civic Touring. 9" touchscreen, 10.2" driver information interface, wireless carplay, wireless charging, Bose system, better knobs and buttons...and just a slick overall design.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
New Honda models are usually sold at MSRP or above (markup). Due to the current chip shortage, there'll unlikely be any discount until 2022. Midwest states may fare better, meaning MSRP = good price.

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BOP Si (Sold), 19 CW FK8 (Sold), 24 CW FL5
Honda salesman here. 10th gens are still selling very close to sticker. Inventory is limited and that wont change anytime soon. If you can find one at sticker with no added on markup or bs fees, buy it. And be weary of dealers that show a big discount online, they more than likely have huge hidden fees or "doc" fees to make up for the "discount".

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355 2017 Cruze Premier Hatch (BNR Tuned)
My local dealer is $2,200 over. They have 6 in stock.

Red

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring; 2020 KIA Sportage;
MSRP for the Touring here. Dealership had one EX and one Touring. Both Platinum White Pearl. Built date was May in Canada. BTW, I asked when the next Touring was coming in and what color. There was only one on the books and it was grey with black interior. Seems the Touring will be few in my area, at least for the time being.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ones I’ve seen, the VIN started with a 2. That’s Canada.

ziggy

First Name
ziggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
The ones I’ve seen, the VIN started with a 2. That’s Canada.
Actually, every VIN number I have seen (USA) for Civics made in Canada started with a 2. Quite possibly they started with a 2 in that position for the first manufacturing runs. For the Japanese made 2022's, for the ones I've seen, the serial starts with a 0.

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BOP Si (Sold), 19 CW FK8 (Sold), 24 CW FL5
Actually, every VIN number I have seen (USA) for Civics made in Canada started with a 2. Quite possibly they started with a 2 in that position for the first manufacturing runs. For the Japanese made 2022's, for the ones I've seen, the serial starts with a 0.
Japanese made cars with a 0 vin? I've worked at Toyota and Honda most of my career. Never seen one.

ziggy

First Name
ziggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
All of the Japanese Honda’s I’ve ever seen, the VINs start with a J.
I assumed we were all knew we were talking about the last part of the VIN, the sequential production number, as NONE of the VINS start with a 0, for any Honda.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assumed we were all knew we were talking about the last part of the VIN, the sequential production number, as NONE of the VINS start with a 0, for any Honda.
All I saw in your post was, “starts with.” So, I assumed.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
All I saw in your post was, “starts with.” So, I assumed.
I work for Honda as well. My store is located in NY.
All our 2022 civic's start with a 2.

With the exception of a few early on, we got about 3-4 black 2022 civics from Japan and their VIN's started with J.
Sponsored