• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start

Are you having extreme lag on the audio screen?

• Yes, Just Android Auto is extremely laggy from time to time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
9” system touring
I think it’s a Honda issue. We have a Mazda it never acts this laggy. I often have to not use the phone fester for calls. Also when I reinstalls factory reset the car it gets better for 3-4 weeks and the. Again same issues with connections calls and super laggy. Also, my plug and play car2play wireless apple play never did this in my 2016 civic. So yea in my small sample size , it’s definitely a honda issue. Plus, it’s not just apple play.
Sponsored

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
9” system touring
I think it’s a Honda issue. We have a Mazda it never acts this laggy. I often have to not use the phone fester for calls. Also when I reinstalls factory reset the car it gets better for 3-4 weeks and the. Again same issues with connections calls and super laggy. Also, my plug and play car2play wireless apple play never did this in my 2016 civic. So yea in my small sample size , it’s definitely a honda issue. Plus, it’s not just apple play.
Sounds like a memory leak. I hope Honda fixes it.

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2017 Civic HB EX-L
I have the same lag problem about 80% of the time. I emailed Honda corporate about it last week and they called me this morning to discuss it -- said there isn't a software update yet, and have I tried factory resetting it? (Yes; didn't help.) He said try multiple times; sometimes the 5th factory reset works. ?

Anyway, I'm seeing the problem whether my iPhone 13 on iOS 15.1 and now 15.2 is connected by bluetooth or by USB cable. The lag affects CarPlay and also the inbuilt HD radio. The sound can crackle on that, too, for the first few minutes after starting the car. But CarPlay has it worse. Pushing a button on the screen takes about 10-15 seconds to respond and the whole screen can even pixelate to something completely unrecognizable -- again, for the first few minutes after starting the car. After then, CarPlay and the radio work nicely. So don't rob a bank and expect to make a quick, well-navigated getaway!

Either Honda put way too little RAM in the screen unit or the software is doing way too much in the background initially and locking everything up. Not sure if it's a hardware or software problem at this point. The latter would be easier to fix.

Nothing can be done for now. Just have to wait for Honda to fix it somehow. Can't believe this issue didn't show up when they were testing the unit and that they released it like this.

I have the 2022 Hatchback, Sport Touring, which has the 9 inch touch screen. I also have a 2017 Hatchback EX-L, and it is not affected by this issue. It's something to do with the 11th gen touch screen.

gjames627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring
No necro of thread intended;

I've got a 2022 Civic Touring and have had extreme lag of AA (all things) and even honda system itself. Terribly frustrating. I've reported it to local honda dealership and I'll I can do is for for an OTA update? Killing me smallz. Seriously.

Mine happens very frequently.

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2017 Civic HB EX-L
Mine does exactly that, too. It also pixelates into an unrecognizable image sometimes. Extremely frustrating.

A workaround is to press the Home button next to the touchscreen, and then tap on CarPlay again.

gjames627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring
Mine does exactly that, too. It also pixelates into an unrecognizable image sometimes. Extremely frustrating.

A workaround is to press the Home button next to the touchscreen, and then tap on CarPlay again.
Mine also does the pixelation but it's rare compared to the other issues.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I have no lagging issues or complaints.

I just dislike the message screen that comes up on every start, it takes a minute to go away, then the audio system starts to boot up after the message screen is gone. So that is a bit of a delay. I wish we could get rid of that message screen, that would be really nice, lol.

Last edited:

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no lagging issues or complaints. I just dislike the message screen that comes up on every start, it takes a minute to go away, then the audio system starts to boot up after the message screen is gone, so that is a bit of a delay. I wish we could get rid of that message screen.
interesting I see you are from Canada. I wonder if you have different memory components. Would be interesting to see if other Canadians are not experiencing issues.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
interesting I see you are from Canada. I wonder if you have different memory components. Would be interesting to see if other Canadians are not experiencing issues.
I doubt we would have much difference just for being in Canada, but I have the Si which has the larger size head unit if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I bet the si does have differences. Also the software itself was reworked for your sport options.