• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
My initial thoughts, car looks too toned down (as does the whole 11 gen line). I’m not a fan of the basic spoiler coming from the 10 gen offering. I don’t think the car is ugly, and honestly, if I was in the market for an si, I’d definitely consider an 11 gen.

As far as performance, I doubt honda would drop the HP without reason. I’d hope/imagine that the broader powerband will perform the same/better than the higher HP 10 gen. The suspension sounds promising as well.

All in all, I’m a fan, but I’m happy with my 10 gen, and don’t plan on exploring options to get an 11th.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
When Civic Si is in Sport mode, auto stop-start is disabled.

Screenshot_20211019-152533_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Well it looks like you have to do SOMETHING every time you start your car to defeat stop-start. Drive mode defaults to Normal every time you start the car. Anyway, I never drive away without at least 10 seconds of warm up. Plenty of time to hit a button or two.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Si World Debut! ? Screenshot_20211019-172115_Adobe Acrobat

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The only thing I really noticed with the sport mode was the stiffer steering which I loved but it seems like they kept that feature so I would be fine with just that.
it made the suspension feel sportier and tighter too. You can definitely notice it compared to normal mode. I don't know why people say they don't notice it.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
We haven’t seen how this thing performs yet, but with the additions of vtec exhaust this thing will be just as good if not better in performance than the 10 gen si, people complaining about weight. It’s 50lb more. I’m not getting rid of my 10th gen si coupe for one. But I think these things with a tune are going to be pretty freaking cool.
VTEC on the L15 does absolutely nothing. It's for fuel efficiency.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
not having an all digital tach in the middle is the worst.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
I think they’re meant to target different buyers (sporty manual vs loaded CVT commuter).
Oh I agree but eventually, the buyers start making additional value proposition calculations. Things like the fact that the US Si won't get the full 10" MID is just insane.

As an example, I had a 2017 Canadian EX with Honda Sensing and was really only dissatisfied with the cloth upholstery. However, when my son wrote off the car (Everyone was fine, thankfully), I cross shopped the trim levels and there was no way I was going to go with the EX again and the price difference for the Sport to the Touring (CA trim goes LX, EX, Sport, Touring) wasn't far enough apart to stop me from just going all in. Especially where the wireless AA/AC is only on the Touring, I went for it.

I get that the Touring is definitely a far better fit for me and my uses for the car but there are always those out there that look at it with at least a leaning to practical value and really, even if I WANTED an Si, I would skip it. When there is 6 to 12 months on my car, I will definitely get a tuner and put a base Stage 1 on it to liven it up a smidge more. But that will be more than sufficient for me. Cause really, 210 hp and 216 foot pounds is sufficient for this speeding ticket maven :)

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Where is the motor from? Assembled where? A lot of cues taken from the last CTR. Is this going to be priced more or at the same price as the Civic Sport Touring model?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Man, I'd rather have that 87 Si hatch! The shade of red they chose for the seats reminds me of dried blood.

Last edited:

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Where is the motor from? Assembled where? A lot of cues taken from the last CTR. Is this going to be priced more or at the same price as the Civic Sport Touring model?
The motor is from the 10th gen Accord. Same Turbo, intake, and VTEC

Rolltec

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI,2016 S-550, Odyssey, Land Rover, Element
Why oh why did they get rid of the seat heaters??
Sponsored