• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
How is Canada the only place wehere the dealers know so much? Lmao
Because we have a dealer level associate and a corp level associate (myself) on here lol. I'm way more active on the CivicX forum and I know theres some high level dealer associate or people who knows the ins on that forum as well

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Because we have a dealer level associate and a corp level associate (myself) on here lol. I'm way more active on the CivicX forum and I know theres some high level dealer associate or people who knows the ins on that forum as well
So what you’re saying is, all the dealership managers etc already know their allocations, etc, they just aren’t willing to let anyone know that?

Just stinks that no dealership I’ve talked to knows anything regarding allocations etc, and I’ve talked to a ton, but in Canada it seems like dealerships already have that information.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Correct. In Canada, every dealer manager and corp knows the allocation for the crvs, FL5, hrv and the new pilot.

I'm assuming the US had their meeting already since the FL5 was at the Indy500 last week and some lucky FK8 owners and a few Honda brand reps get to see it in person. I don't think I've seen dealer management members here, I may be wrong and they're just all hush hush.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
the r will not be built in Canada, but in Indiana & Ohio I believe
Is this an American forum, or an international forum? Genuine question as all info and comments seem to be based around North America or Canadian market.

In case anyone is interested, I'm in the UK and our Civics and Type Rs will now be built in Japan since the UK plant closed. I personally love the stuff built out in Japan, build quality is incredible

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Is this an American forum, or an international forum? Genuine question as all info and comments seem to be based around North America or Canadian market.

In case anyone is interested, I'm in the UK and our Civics and Type Rs will now be built in Japan since the UK plant closed. I personally love the stuff built out in Japan, build quality is incredible
Where did you find that info? I thought, up to this point, nobody has known where the next Type R was being built?

Other than rumors, that it would now be built in the US…

Last edited:

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It's been known for a while that European Civics are being built in Japan since the Swindon UK plant closed (which made the FK8s inc. Type Rs for UK and elsewhere in Europe).

Typically due to shipping and logistics many cars are made near their home markets. All BMWs, Audi and most VWs are made in Germany or around Europe for UKDM

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Nobody is stopping you from chiming in. Chiding someone for commenting on a production location is indeed cheeky.

Honda specs are honda specs and quality control is the same at their North American facilities as in Japan…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
It's been known for a while that European Civics are being built in Japan since the Swindon UK plant closed (which made the FK8s inc. Type Rs for UK and elsewhere in Europe).

Typically due to shipping and logistics many cars are made near their home markets. All BMWs, Audi and most VWs are made in Germany or around Europe for UKDM
But wasn’t the FK8 only made in Swindon for the entire world?

If so, why would they split up where the FL5 is made?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That’s awesome to see, as up until now I hadn’t seen anything confirming that. I personally would prefer them built in Japan.

Shadow76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jazz
Hello all, I’m based in the UK too and I’m sure I read somewhere that all right hand drive cars are going to be built in Japan, And left hand drive cars is the US.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Hello all, I’m based in the UK too and I’m sure I read somewhere that all right hand drive cars are going to be built in Japan, And left hand drive cars is the US.
Speaking of which (ot) i cant imagine shifting with my left hand lol, id be hosed before i left the garage - i dont know how you all do it.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
That probably makes the most sense. Better for us in the US, if that does happen, not having to wait for shipments from Japan, but wouldn’t been cool for them to be built there.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Speaking of which (ot) i cant imagine shifting with my left hand lol, id be hosed before i left the garage - i dont know how you all do it.
I can't imagine shifting with my right hand & have no idea how you do it!
Sponsored