• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I hope for everyone’s sake this thing actually sells 48 thousand cars like the FK8. I need more Type-R homies.
Sponsored

MrHugo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA1
Why Honda won't make more CTR? Isn't the profit margin higher on the CTR? Plus, they will create more Honda loyalist. I was captured by Honda due to their fun cars like Integra. Now I became a fanboy. :)

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
they'll make many as they can sell. Don't believe the limited numbers. they made nearly 50 thousand of them last time, they'll make more this time around.

OP
OP
fastSI

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Why Honda won't make more CTR? Isn't the profit margin higher on the CTR? Plus, they will create more Honda loyalist. I was captured by Honda due to their fun cars like Integra. Now I became a fanboy. :)
Why??...Because the type-R is not a priority now....Honda are focusing on the new HRV and CRV,a lot of things as change since the Covid...

Dealers use to be full of Civic in stock (everything was so easy to get a couple of years ago) ...try to get a Civic 2022 now!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Why??...Because the type-R is not a priority now....Honda are focusing on the new HRV and CRV,a lot of things as change since the Covid...

Dealers use to be full of Civic in stock (everything was so easy to get a couple of years ago) ...try to get a Civic 2022 now!
Makes a lot of sense! If you think about it, a fully loaded CRV costs pretty close to what a Type R costs... and I'm willing to bet that a) they can sell a ton more of those b) the profit margins are probably even better than on a Type R and c) the CRV buyers are probably easier to please than the hardcore performance enthusiast buyer that's picking up a Type R

Shadow76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jazz
Honda had no problem at all selling the FK8, so it seems strange that they're planning to make fewer than before. I think one explanation is they're going to make an Integra Type S based on the FL5 and expect that to steal some FL5 sales?
That surely means we’d get more FL5’s as we don’t have Acura in the Uk, So no Integra for us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fastSI

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
That surely means we’d get more FL5’s
Wrong.....Everything is slowing down due to shortage...like i said before ,dealers use to be full of vehicule in there lot,now everything is empty...and it's not planing on getting better until a couple of years...so i don't think honda are going to produced twice the amount of there model that sells the less..

think about it
Sponsored