• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
This whole thing is very deflating. I went from wanting a CTR, to maybe looking at a GR Corolla (until I realized the Circuit edition was a limited run), to considering the Elantra N due to price/performance with the DCT, to wanting the CTR again, just to be disenchanted by the whole economy and car shortage situation.

I hope we're all pleasantly surprised by production and availability, but I'm bracing for the worst and hoping I'm wrong
You live in the US you'll be fine. People are making this a bigger deal than it is the US almost always gets the most units by far I wouldn't be surprised if its still gonna be 40k units, the most units is always US with Japan second and every other country gets the scraps. Around half of the Fk8s produced were sent to the US.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Exactly, ^

So many people trying to hype up the markups and low allocations, before the car is even out. Most people just want to create panic, and today all you have to do is have a few people throw comments like that around, and all of a sudden everyone is freaking out. The people who really are invested in getting a new FL5, will probably be successful, and most of those will most likely find dealerships not doing the ludicrous $20k markups.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
You live in the US you'll be fine. People are making this a bigger deal than it is the US almost always gets the most units by far I wouldn't be surprised if its still gonna be 40k units, the most units is always US with Japan second and every other country gets the scraps. Around half of the Fk8s produced were sent to the US.
I’d still be concerned if I was from the US wanting to buy one. About 19 thousand fk8’s were sold in the US out of the 48 thousand made. So sure Canada might be only getting 500 cars but that might mean the US only gets 5 thousand cars if you want to judge by Canadas allocations. Of course this is all pure speculation but I have a feeling this FL5 is going to be very hard to obtain.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I’d still be concerned if I was from the US wanting to buy one. About 19 thousand fk8’s were sold in the US out of the 48 thousand made. So sure Canada might be only getting 500 cars but that might mean the US only gets 5 thousand cars if you want to judge by Canadas allocations. Of course this is all pure speculation but I have a feeling this FL5 is going to be very hard to obtain.
5,000 cars a year, in the US, would be similar to the FK8. The people willing to put in the effort, will get them, just like the FK8 before it.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The US is 10 times the population of Canada, so it wouldn’t be 5,000 for all 3 years.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The US is 10 times the population of Canada, so it wouldn’t be 5,000 for all 3 years.
Canada got around 5000 fk8’s (or what my sales man told me). So 10x 500 makes 5000. Like I said just speculation on my part. Never said this is the truth or not.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5,000 cars a year, in the US, would be similar to the FK8. The people willing to put in the effort, will get them, just like the FK8 before it.
I’m saying If it’s similar to how Canada is only getting 500 over the whole generation than I would assume that the US would get 10x more than Canada over the whole generation (5000) for the whole run.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Canada got around 5000 fk8’s (or what my sales man told me). So 10x 500 makes 5000. Like I said just speculation on my part. Never said this is the truth or not.

Thats the number i came out to as well. Folks will still get them, it will just take more time.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I’m saying If it’s similar to how Canada is only getting 500 over the whole generation than I would assume that the US would get 10x more than Canada over the whole generation (5000) for the whole run.
I think people are so devoid of info, that they have nothing else to do but speculate until their eyes bleed, and until we know more, we should all just chill.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
And yet rumour has it that Canada is only receiving 546 units for all 3 years. So using that same 10 times logic... USA could be looking at 5460 units for all 3 years or approx. 1820 per year. That's significantly less than the FK8. Either way there's no official confirmation from Honda at this point.

I'm sure part of the limited production has to do with parts shortages mind you. Year over year, Honda is down roughly 30% on sales in the USA at the moment and its certainly not because their cars aren't selling.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think people are so devoid of info, that they have nothing else to do but speculate until their eyes bleed, and until we know more, we should all just chill.
Isn’t that the fun of a car forum though! Making up useless points and arguing about them with random internet people.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Isn’t that the fun of a car forum though! Making up useless points and arguing about them with random internet people.
As long as we all ultimately know we are full of shhhh…

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Here's the truth: no one knows!

The UK market was never limited, they sold loads here. It's going to be limited now like Canada. Chances are it will be limited in every continent. Hopefully we'll get the allocation numbers soon.

MrHugo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA1
I put in two deposits at small Honda Dealerships. It seems like I won't be getting mine if it is going to be limited production.... :(

I just called a dealer in Socal. They are marking up a regular civic at 7k, then I did not even bother asking about the new CTR.
Sponsored