• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
I'm just complaining about loose terminology. The opposite of "digital" is "analog" not "physical". The opposite of "physical" may be "virtual." Fake analog (digital displays looking like analog gauges) are also digital. Separate gauges like the fuel or temperature based on diodes and segments are also 100% digital.

When there is only one universal screen made of very small pixels with everything displayed on it, "virtual dashboard" may be better, because the layout can be modified freely by programming to look completely different. Gauges that have segmented LEDs are already fully digital, but are fixed in shape, location, and layout.
Sponsored

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
I ordered a 10th gen LX hatch when they first came out. It had to have a 6M or no sale. The CVT is an absolute deal breaker. After 5 months of waiting with no delivery date in sight, I got my deposit back and walked away. Honda really cleaned up the styling on this gen and it needed it. Now, about that CVT...it's still a deal breaker.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
BSM is definitely better than Lanewatch in practical use. I have LW on my Civic and we have BSM on our 2020 CRV Touring and no contest at all. I thought I would miss the camera. I don't. (My son drives the Civic mostly now as I work from home since the rona started).

If the forward approach angle is improved on the new Civics, I might consider getting one. My son quite likes the 2017 Civic and will likely inherit it so if they fix the biggest issue I have with the GenX, I will get one for me, if not, then truck time.
Sponsored