• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9” Touring/TypeR/Si Radio Swap into EX and Lower basically impossible.

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
Howdy everyone, I’m currently in the research stage of “attempting” to swap the 9” Screen and Audio Unit into a Sport.

Things that i am already aware of:

-obtaining the Radio units and Amplifier is surprisingly easy! Apparently people wreck their Civics left and right.
- Connectors on the Back of 7” and 9” Units don’t match whatsoever so they will definitely need to be re-pined if I can’t find the complete Factory Harness for the 9” Unit
- 9” Unit does not have a full amplifier integrated, it merely has a “pre-amp” that sends a Coaxial signal to the Bose amp, so in order to get this to work you will have to obtain the Bose Amp as well. The Connector has no pins where the speaker connections are supposed to be on the 9” Unit.
- as far as i am aware the gauge Cluster does not play a part or at least shouldn’t cause a problem when it comes to the operation of the Unit itself (Si has hybrid Cluster)
- I personally don’t need SiriusXM or GPS but i believe the 9” Unit relies on the GPS antenna a lot so at least the GPS antenna needs be be installed as well, if you want SiriusXM then you’d have to get the Antenna and wiring harness for that also, further complicating the swap.
- i think the factory USB port connector on the back of the unit is also different so that would need to be obtained as well

Things that i need to figure out:

- i need to get my hands on the factory wiring diagram and locations for the whole Audio system of both Units, I was thinking about obtaining those from Alldata (however a monthly subscription will Cost you almost 200 bucks)
-where am i getting the wiring harnesses from and how involved is the dismantling process of Dash and Interior in general?
- are the Units VIN matched to their original Vehicles?

As you all can see it’s probably easier to just buy the right Car in the first place but sometimes local inventory or the Budget in that current moment just don’t work out and you have to settle with what you got especially when a Car is needed right then and there. Unfortunately the 7” unit is just absolutely disastrous and on top of that there seems to be absolutely no dash kit/Support for an Aftermarket “PREMIUM” Radio (not that China Crap). So you either accept your Faith and stick with the crappy 7” Unit or you buy a “cheap” China radio that has mediocre sound output and Pre-Outs.

If anyone has successfully swapped the 9” Unit or has successfully installed a Premium Aftermarket Radio (Kenwood, Alpine, Sony) into their Civic let me know. Also excuse my English im not from the US
Sponsored