• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Installing a physical CD Player in a new 2024 Honda Civic Touring Sedan via USB Port &/or AUX Port & cable(s)?

arcuda35

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Touring Sedan?(2017 Honda Accord)
The below is a Question & my follow-up Response & "Thank U" to all who responded to me from yesterday on civicx.com:
arcuda35 said:
Hi, Recently, my 2017 Honda Accord was totaled. I was just about to purchase a new 2024 Honda Civic Touring Sedan.
I just discovered & saw in-person, 2 cars that had a factory-installed CD player: 2023 Nissan Maxima SV & 2024 Lexus IS 300 &/or 350.
While I prefer the Civic, I have decided that a CD Player is a must! I do enjoy Sirius XM, I do much driving, 20-25,000 miles per year, & have almost 20,000 CDs.
While the Civic has: Wireless / Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Compatibility (none of which I have any knowledge of) I do Not & will Not do downloads or anything like that. Sorry for being a prehistoric dinosaur.
Without getting invasive & also affecting the factory-installed Navigation, Sound System, Computer, Wiring & possibly ruining my car or nullifying warranties...is there a way to sync up or simply connect some kind of small good-excellent physical CD player to the existing: Bose Premium Sound System with 12 Speakers, including Subwoofer.
Help, Please! Thank You Very Much, G!
Hi, THANK U VERY MUCH to U & ALL who have replied so quickly & with detail to my Inquiry re: adding a CD Player to a 2024 Honda Civic Touring Sedan!
I very much appreciate all of your suggestions, as many of U took the time & patience to go into detail & explanation as well as post links to purchase potential products to solve my "foolish" dilemma.

The CD player that is a "Must Have" is Not 4 my collection of 20k or so CDs. I want to have the ability & option to keep in the car & rotate every couple of weeks, ~ 1/2 dozen CDs, mainly recently purchased new releases &/or live "bootlegs" CDs.
Yes, I understand, I am a stubborn prehistoric dinosaur, & refuse to get with the times.
However, I do Not want to burn, download, rip, stream, use Apple, Spotify, an iPod, iPad, a smart phone or anything like that.

I am 66 years, & my lasdt vehicle was a 2017 Accord 2 DOOR, EXLN SENS V6, which I purchased new in March 2017 & was totaled late last year. I hit 100,000 miles the day be4 my accident.
Before that I had an Infiniti G-35 Sports Coupe 4 almost 10 years which made it to almost 200k miles with a factory-installed CD player, which had to replaced twice over the years at no cost to me, by the dealer.
I have an Android T-Mobile mobile phone which I do Not keep turned on & use sparingly, only to make occasional phone calls or take photos. I had a sturdy sports flip phone, 4 almost 30 years, & the only reason I had to switch, was because Sprint finally did away with the 3G network that my phone was on, by 3/31/22...
My Accord was a Still Night Pearl (purple-ish blue) 2-Door with a V6 Automatic & I had built it with almost every option Honda offered. I Had great luck with it mechanically & with reliability as opposed to the $thousands I $pent & problems I had w/my Infiniti.
I do Not want a Honda Hybrid & do Not want a Sports Model & want a Blue-ish Color. That leaves me with The Aegean Blue Civic Touring, which I like a lot, but do Not love. Unfortunately it has 4 Doors, is a 4 Cylinder, does Not have Lumbar seats, has a much smaller rear window than the Accord & of course does Not have a CD player!

I work in the music business, do a lot of driving up & down the East coast, & my hearing is Not 100%. I don't care how bad or so-so the music is going to sound thru some kind of CD player.
Note: I am willing to $pend $money to get a top-of-the-line CD player. This Touring Civic seems to have a decent sound system, so I want to hopefully via A UBS cable run the CD player thru the car's sound system. I'm sure I can find somewhere near me in the car to place this small player or attach it nearby me so I have some kind of access to it.

Ladies & Gents, Forgive Me, Pleaz, I want the ability to play physical CDs, in a Brand New, Not previously owned vehicle. I'll drive the car to the ground, myself!

Thanks to your suggestions & links as well as other links that I have discovered, there seems to be various relatively inexpensive products on Amazon & elsewhere. I have watched several U-Tube videos which make it seem Too Simple & easy even 4 a technologically challeged person like me!
I was going to paste some of the item links I have found or were forwarded to me by a sibling, on here, but I've aleady tortured you All & written way too much.

Does the 2024 Civic Touring Sedan have a:
USB Port, USB Data Port, USB Media Port, USB Interface, (I think all those are the same thing)???

According to several dealer salespeple, I have spoken to, it does.

However is there an AUX port somewhere in the car's system or screen, because I was just told by a Honda salesman by phone that there may Not be an AUX setting???
dt10g also noted that there was Not!

Today, I called & spoke to several different NY & NJ Honda dealerships & some said it was possible & others said it was Not!

Here is an email quote from 1 of the better salepersons who I have met with & kept in contact with:
"I suppose there is something that could be done but I also think there would be consequences.
I am told it could be done but the functionality of the player isn't always dependable and it would most definitely affect your warranty. I understand The desire. Wish I could do more."

I looked at the Lexus IS in-person & it will cost me $20k+ more than the Civic as well as additional $money 4 Insurance, Maintenance, & Service. If it was "only" a $10k difference, I think I would do it but I don't think it's worth the $25k difference, unless it was my very last car & would last me the rest of my lifetime.

Some, like eob2000, have suggested that I go onto civicXI.com bec my potential new car is an 11th Generation?
I signed up for civicxi.com, so later this evening I'll post a similar message on there, however I wanted to Thank ALL of U first.
Forgive me, please, 4 my vanity, ignorance, & stubborness.
THANX MUCH AGAIN, G!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2010 Evo X
Simplest solution is probably to get a nice CD player made for running/jogging that also has Bluetooth connectivity.
Sponsored