• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Android Auto stopped connecting

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI - Sonic Gray Pearl
Anyone else have Android Auto stop working in their car? I just got an SI, and it worked fine for the first four days with my Pixel 3a phone. Just using for Maps. Then today it just stopped connecting. Oddly, the Bluetooth connection is working, and the Phone app still seems to work fine. But when it tries to connect to Android Auto, I see a popup on my phone saying "Looking for Android Auto," which then disappears.

I tried restarting the car and my phone. When I go to Smartphone Connection, it doesn't list my phone anymore, and clicking on New Connection just prompts me to connect to Bluetooth. I've been using Wireless the whole time; I tried a USB cable and it seems to behave the same.

I have seen in other forums references to resetting the head unit, but I'm not really keen on that with a brand new car!
Sponsored

Nor1904

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Civic Si
Yes I as well was having the same issues only way to fix it is to factory reset the unit in your car, I got over doing it every few days so I switched back to my iPhone and haven’t had a problem since, android auto is just not there yet like apple car play is unfortunately

Anyone else have Android Auto stop working in their car? I just got an SI, and it worked fine for the first four days with my Pixel 3a phone. Just using for Maps. Then today it just stopped connecting. Oddly, the Bluetooth connection is working, and the Phone app still seems to work fine. But when it tries to connect to Android Auto, I see a popup on my phone saying "Looking for Android Auto," which then disappears.

I tried restarting the car and my phone. When I go to Smartphone Connection, it doesn't list my phone anymore, and clicking on New Connection just prompts me to connect to Bluetooth. I've been using Wireless the whole time; I tried a USB cable and it seems to behave the same.

I have seen in other forums references to resetting the head unit, but I'm not really keen on that with a brand new car!

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST

Try re-booting the head unit. Turn on the head unit, then press and hold the power button until it asks you if you want to reboot the system.
Rebooting the head unit is harmless, it's only clearing the cache in the on-board memory. The head unit is an Android device itself running an antiquated android OS with very little RAM.

OP
OP

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI - Sonic Gray Pearl
So the odd thing was that in the Phone Connection options, it only showed Phone and Audio as options, not Android Auto. Something caused it to think that my phone was no longer compatible with Android Auto. I ended up unpairing from the Bluetooth configuration, then re-pairing from the Smartphone Connection settings, and it worked normally again. So thankfully no head reset was needed..
Sponsored