• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone know if there is a step by step to take the Hatch interior panel off?

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Anyone know if there is a PDF file or anything that show you how to take apart the Hatch interior panel?

I took my Hatchback to do window tinting and it seem like all the spray they use to do the job on the Hatch mirror got stuck in the inside panel.
Sponsored

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Hatch mirror? What is that?
The spray they used? I thought window tinting was put on with just a soapy water solution?

OP
OP

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Hatch mirror? What is that?
The spray they used? I thought window tinting was put on with just a soapy water solution?
Sorry for the wording. I mean the window of the hatch door/the fifth door if you will. And yes they used some soapy water solution in a spray bottle, of course. But when they squeezed the water out some of it got stuck inside the panel.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding. What tint percentage did you get?

OP
OP

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding. What tint percentage did you get?
No big deal. I believe 35% on the front and 20% on the back. Nothing special about the percentage of the shade just the legal stuff since I don't want to get in trouble and I also like how it looks in those shade instead of just black black black everything. I did get the best film though, Xpel XR.

squish72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ss camaro and soon 22 hatchback civic
There shouldn't be much of the solution used (usually just soapy water) less then a days time it should have evaporated if anything. Is it sloshing or something? Might be a silly question but how do you know there's water in there?

OP
OP

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
When I lifted the hatch up the soapy water leaked out from the inside interior through the seam. The weird part is that the water did not leak out when the hatch is close/down and only start to drip when it is all the way up and only after many drops it will start to stop. At first I thought I guess it is done but no once I closed the hatch for a while and opened it again the problem repeat. So my guessing is that the water got stuck in some weird location. I did repeat the process many time yesterday in the freaking cold weather and it didn't seem to stop anytime soon and I didn't have all day doing thing that look so stupid when I can just take that thing apart. And today is raining all day long so there is nothing I can do either.

Eleeshuh

First Name
Elisha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
When I lifted the hatch up the soapy water leaked out from the inside interior through the seam. The weird part is that the water did not leak out when the hatch is close/down and only start to drip when it is all the way up and only after many drops it will start to stop. At first I thought I guess it is done but no once I closed the hatch for a while and opened it again the problem repeat. So my guessing is that the water got stuck in some weird location. I did repeat the process many time yesterday in the freaking cold weather and it didn't seem to stop anytime soon and I didn't have all day doing thing that look so stupid when I can just take that thing apart. And today is raining all day long so there is nothing I can do either.
Hey there! Was wondering if you found a solution to this. Bring that the car is so new I’m having trouble finding out if other people are having this issue. My civic is also leaking in this area and only when the hatch is raised.

KVR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch EX-L
Can you post a picture of the hatch when opened

OP
OP

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Hey there! Was wondering if you found a solution to this. Bring that the car is so new I’m having trouble finding out if other people are having this issue. My civic is also leaking in this area and only when the hatch is raised.
That must be the soapy water left over from the tinting. There is nothing you can do just by looking at it. Unless you just want to wait until all the water drip out and dried by itself.

For me, I took out the inside panel and put a paper tower at the bottom of it where the water would be when the hatch is close/downs and wait the whole day without opening the hatch. The next day that paper towel was rather wet and I checked there was no more water left inside and then I just put everything back together and problem solve. But the hard part is to take that inside panel out.

I was supposed to do update on it with all the picture I took for future reference but I am just that busy.
Sponsored