• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple Car Play Audio Lagging

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
HELP !!!

Ever since I switch from FK8 to FL5, I experienced Apple Car Play Audio Lagging when playing YouTube or any media. The video and audio is lagging by a few seconds if I use USB cable; and it's even worst lag with Bluetooth/Wireless connection.

Is anyone experienced this lagging ? If you do and manage to resolve it, please share the solution. It will be much appreciated :).

Thank you !
Sponsored

bbrunty15

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord, 2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-03525
I have been meaning to post about this same issue!!

I will take it a step further, I have noticed that whenever I drive through a very particular location it gets super laggy and will sometimes completely disconnect. I have found that when this happens it wont reconnect until I pass through the area.

My first thought was I must be in an area with high interference but I have driven through other areas of what I would image is high interference too and it doesn't disconnect. I have no idea what causes this. I have only been able to replicated this in one location.

I am using Apple CarPlay wirelessly.

OP
OP
sugarl4nd

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
I did try to get into Developer Mode and tried/changed different settings. Making sure that the system has enough memory to handle CarPlay (ie : disabling some memory extensive apps, etc).

None of the combination work, lagging is persistent. The lag always occurred in CarPlay. If I connect ONLY to Bluetooth and use the car as 'Bluetooth Speaker', I don't experience any lag. As soon as I connect with CarPlay, it lag consistently. I hope I make sense.

No luck as of now.

Cable lag is better than wireless, definitely. But still lag which is annoying. I don't have this issue with FK8.

Motpeds

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - CW
for what its worth, my type R audio lag behaves exactly the same as what i had in my 2.0 Accord. Both seem to have the same "operating system" vs the FK8 which i believe was the last gen OS.

I think its just the way it is, unfortunately.
Sponsored