• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No Audio

Ohlins8990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E34 535i
Has anyone else encountered an issue where there is no radio output?

I commonly use Pandora through carplay for music. Today when I started the car it did its little boot up, but the audio never started playing. Tried adjusting volume, turning audio on/off, and changing source to FM with no luck. System bings/bongs still worked. I restarted the car at a stop light and audio returned. Is there a way to reboot the infotainment without restarting the whole car. So far this seems to be a one off event, but worried it will return more frequently.
Sponsored

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I have had that issue multiple times unfortunately, but mine has to do with apple auto/fm radio. I find restarting car main way to fix it.

Something I’ve tried that seems to help, I always start the car with my phone not hooked up to the usb wire, after my car connects to apple car play, then I connect my wire to my phone.

nawfoo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Si
If you turned off the car the day before and Pandora was working and not mess with your phones bluetooth or wifi it should connect automatically when you start it again. If it doesn't open up car play then you can put it into Comfort Mode real quick to reset the screen.

It sometimes likes it when you have your phone plugged in too.

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Reboot process:

1 Hold home+power+previous (like previous track button, bottom left). Press all at same time. Hold for a few seconds.

2 Tap detailed information and settings in new screen.

3 Hold back (below home)+power+previous (all at same time, few seconds)

4 Tap system reboot
Sponsored

Last edited: