• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Audible clicking noise when shifting gears

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Does anyone else have an audible clicking noise around the shifter when shifting gears? I have noticed it more so when the car is cold and it mainly happens going into first, second and rear gears. It sounds like a popping click.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Nope. I'm at about 1200 miles and take it easy when it's cold. I turned the radio off this morning on my way to work and could not replicate any clicking in those gears. It was about 40° F outside.

How cold outside is it when you are driving the car?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Nope. I'm at about 1200 miles and take it easy when it's cold. I turned the radio off this morning on my way to work and could not replicate any clicking in those gears. It was about 40° F outside.

How cold outside is it when you are driving the car?
mainly when the car is still cold not necessarily cold outside. But it’s something that happens almost all of the time. It doesn’t seem to affect anything but it just clicks and makes a click pop noise.
Sponsored