• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Break-in / misc

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I meant turbo timers and Blow Off Valves are both useless and harm the car more. Plus it was kind of a ricer modification 20 years ago.
Oh ok now I got you, just did not understand the first time. They don’t really harm the car. They did serve a purpose back then when turbo’s were only oil cooled. Now with water cooling you just have to idle the car a bit after beating it and you are good.
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
While most people definitely not have the perfect Owner's Manual break-in procedure sort of environment, the key point is vary your engine loads when you can help it instead of an Italian Tune-Up.

If there is some good long mountain roads near you, somewhat spirited drives during break-in miles is perfect. When that is not an option, just drive normal and give it a good punch occasionally on your freeway drives if you are not taking things super easy.

I do take my sweet time looking my phone for a few moments or just grab what I need before turning off the car, especially on a long enough drive or very hot day whenever I can help it.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
While most people definitely not have the perfect Owner's Manual break-in procedure sort of environment, the key point is vary your engine loads when you can help it instead of an Italian Tune-Up.

If there is some good long mountain roads near you, somewhat spirited drives during break-in miles is perfect. When that is not an option, just drive normal and give it a good punch occasionally on your freeway drives if you are not taking things super easy.

I do take my sweet time looking my phone for a few moments or just grab what I need before turning off the car, especially on a long enough drive or very hot day whenever I can help it.
Its good practice to cool down the car like that. I always idle mine for a minute or two after getting home. Same thing at the track but with s longer idle time. Also don’t put your parking brake if you just came off the track lol.
Sponsored