• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
i think this means we may not see 3-5k price hike on the type r people are expecting.
I think we will just because it's expensive to ship over here considering the alleged numbers we're getting over its life span and the price. I would love to be wrong though. I would still get one regardless if it was 53-55K.
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I think we will just because it's expensive to ship over here considering the alleged numbers we're getting over its life span and the price. I would love to be wrong though. I would still get one regardless if it was 53-55K.
but cost of shipping hasnt increased dramatically over the past yr right?
what about shipping cars here got expensive that justifies 3-5k? are you assuming inflation?

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I think that has more to do with the colour than anything. TEP looks good in some environments and not so good in others. When I put my deposit in at the dealership, there was a. TLX Type S in TEP and it honestly looked too brown in the lighting available and was an immediate turn off.

I've seen a few here in Ontario marked up 5K+, So far in TEP and Black.
ya.. hard to say, victoria dealer has another white one coming in (campus acura) so we will see how long they sit on the lot.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
but cost of shipping hasnt increased dramatically over the past yr right?
what about shipping cars here got expensive that justifies 3-5k? are you assuming inflation?
Well the cost to buy the car here comparing to the states, we're actually getting a good deal on it. I assume they thought sell cheap to us but then give us much less allocation. The Type S is the alternative car and offers similar performance but more money. Looking at other markets, the car should sold higher based on dollar value.

US: 45,000
CA: 62,000
AUS: 70,000

Getting it for 10K less is pretty good. I think because we have the Type S here is why we're not as important getting additional allocation.

Last edited:

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Well that's a backwards way of looking at it. Actually, the car in USA should be about 40k. It went from 38.5k (last model) to 45k, which is a ridiculous jump. Usually, cars go up about 1k.

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Well that's a backwards way of looking at it. Actually, the car in USA should be about 40k. It went from 38.5k (last model) to 45k, which is a ridiculous jump. Usually, cars go up about 1k.
Don't see that but that's your opinion, all good.

The price IS 45K in the US and we get it from 50K. It's unfortunately not what we decide the car should be worth. I agree the prices are crazy, but it's the market we're in. Who would have thought we'd see the cost of a CTR @ 80-100K now and back when they just released? I sure didn't...

Even the price of an FK8 is at or above its original price in Canada with a good amount of mileage

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1696118308376

Last edited:

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Since when is USA the benchmark for pricing. In japan it's about 34k, why don't we get it for 34k usd?

My point is, its a grossly overpriced car. Im not bashing the car, it's an amazing car, but with all due respect, screw Honda corporate :p

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS
Don't see that but that's your opinion, all good.

The price IS 45K in the US and we get it from 50K. It's unfortunately not what we decide the car should be worth. I agree the prices are crazy, but it's the market we're in. Who would have thought we'd see the cost of a CTR @ 80-100K now and back when they just released? I sure didn't...

Even the price of an FK8 is at or above its original price in Canada with a good amount of mileage

1696118308376.png
Fk8 pricing right now is dumb. Iā€™ve seen one 2017 fk8 cw that was priced decently under 40k with less than 40k Kms and that was the only good deal on auto trader. Definitely snatched up by now if people are buying 50-60k fk8s šŸ˜‚ itā€™s good to see the price drops though so hopefully it signifies things are coming back closer to a norm

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondaā€™s
Yeah its crazy that the U.S. just got a 200+ car dump and its crickets over here. Then again im guessin most Canadians are content waiting out the winter lol.
I totally agree with you man itā€™s not right, Honda canada really needs to re-look at their allocations,

ā€œThe Lone Japanese-Made Honda
Fun fact: the new Civic Type R will be the only product in Hondaā€™s entire 2023 lineup thatā€™s made in Japan. Sad fact: production will be extremely limited, with just 546 units allocated to the Canadian market for the next three years combinedā€”or 182 annually, which is fewer units than the number of Honda dealers across the country. Good luck getting your hands on one.ā€

https://mobile.guideautoweb.com/en/...da-civic-type-r-so-expensive-yet-so-much-fun/

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
my dealer said they got one in december last yr and they told me to wait till this december.. anyone else got such "promises" from the dealer?

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I recently got an SUV, was looking at Toyota and Honda, ended up getting the Toyota. Honda dealer emailed me a few weeks ago asking me if they can help me with anything and I was like ya actually I'm looking for a CTR at MSRP, let's just say I'll probably never hear from that guy again haha :p
Sponsored