• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
TH seems to be biased towards the Golf R, and sometimes try to sneak in the Elantra N

but as James said the badge name the liveability, practicality and being a track weapon is what sold me on the fl5

i am disappointed that the fk8 is faster in a roll, but if the gear ratios are the same in 2nd -5th then it really comes down to weight... funny enough that's the whole type r philosophy though

i hope there is no grind issues, i am really hoping James grinded due to use error...Thomas didn't report it even when he is driving it hard on the track... in any case like some said we are all here because we are not the type to like pedal to the metal type of driving

i think i will just keep watching the savagegeese video more to make me convinced the fl5 is king 🤣, we being in the north do appreciate awd but the golf r is just too small and interior isn't as nice and even exterior on the latest model isn't as nice as the original
Sponsored

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
i am disappointed that the fk8 is faster in a roll, but if the gear ratios are the same in 2nd -5th then it really comes down to weight... funny enough that's the whole type r philosophy though
FL5 has a taller final drive ratio. This makes all gears a bit longer speed wise, and reduce the wheel torque.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
we being in the north do appreciate awd but the golf r is just too small and interior isn't as nice and even exterior on the latest model isn't as nice as the original
I don't agree with you on that. Golf R is perfectly sized and actually looks like a hot hatch. FL5 is longer (12 inches in total) and the hatch is more like a liftback. The touch sensitive buttons are not the best. Sure. But objectively speaking of quality, Golf R is better than the CTR.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I don't agree with you on that. Golf R is perfectly sized and actually looks like a hot hatch. FL5 is longer (12 inches in total) and the hatch is more like a liftback. The touch sensitive buttons are not the best. Sure. But objectively speaking of quality, Golf R is better than the CTR.
that's true golf r is a true hatch and definitely has a good quality build, i just liked the original styling more not a fan of the new headlights...i found myself liking the lift back, and i think the fl5 is roomier, it sucks that no one company converged everything into one package i feel like all 3 or 4 brands have their pros and cons

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
that's true golf r is a true hatch and definitely has a good quality build, i just liked the original styling more not a fan of the new headlights...i found myself liking the lift back, and i think the fl5 is roomier, it sucks that no one company converged everything into one package i feel like all 3 or 4 brands have their pros and cons
Absolutely. Every car has its pros and cons. Question is what cons are you willing to live with. And what pros are more important to you. It's all subjective man

Last edited:

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Golf R is boring. Had 2021 in manual. Had to drive twice the speed limit before it was any fun. Somehow my 22 Si felt better. Can't imagine how much better the CTR will be.
Thats where the 2022MY improved. The previous gen drove like a FWD with lots of traction. The 22MY drives better, has better chassis components, brakes and suspension while also being capable of doing big fat drifts in a drift mode that can only be truly enjoyed with a stick.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Dig was tires I believe. I don't care too much about straight line, but I expected improvements due to the turbo upgrade and reported WHP etc.

The real question for me is what would the GRC do with better tires on the same day. Too bad they couldn't get one also. I'm VERY shocked the Golf R did SOOO much better, was pretty much equal to Fk8?!? If it was a DSG R does that mean it would beat the FK8? man shit don't make sense right now to me lol.
So the reason the GRC wasn't there wasn't because they couldn't get it, it was broken. The focus RS was a guy I know's and he mentioned they told him the GRC was broken

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
So the reason the GRC wasn't there wasn't because they couldn't get it, it was broken. The focus RS was a guy I know's and he mentioned they told him the GRC was broken
It was also funny that they mentioned it was the only GRC in Canada too 😂

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
It was also funny that they mentioned it was the only GRC in Canada too 😂
Honestly it might be? I'm not sure how many are around, but there's probably more then one I would imagine.

I just laughed at the BS that "it isn't available because it's in BC"

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
I did see at VIMC that they had a bunch of GR Corollas there last week. Looked like a launch event or something. There’s more than one in the country
Sponsored