• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
hey guys, ok I really want to be as fair as possible and help out the community here specially some of you i interacted with recently... if someone hasn't secured one yet and by that i don't mean securing one in 24 or 25 i mean nothing so far, please dm me.

UPDATE: some of you messaged i responded to all. Again tried to be as fair as possible for those who don't have anything and would need help the most getting one and who messaged first, sadly i can only help with just the one FL5, i am just a regular guy like everyone here not a dealer or anything. Just happened to come across 1 available
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Geeeeezus, I thought that one was long gone, I think it was @Bergman posted pics of this exact FL5 ages ago.
Yep that's the same one, same dealer. I had another guy I know tell me that that one could be for sale if he had an fk8 to trade in.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
I sent the sales manager an email and said I have my GR86 to trade in on it. So want to let me have it? We'll see what he says lol

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Yep that's the same one, same dealer. I had another guy I know tell me that that one could be for sale if he had an fk8 to trade in.
Geeez thats pretty underhanded, do you happen to know if they've got a wait list? Honestly if I were number one on their list and waiting, id be pretty pissed.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Geeez thats pretty underhanded, do you happen to know if they've got a wait list? Honestly if I were number one on their list and waiting, id be pretty pissed.
Yeah they definitely do. I'm told I'm number 4 on their list, they're getting 6, I believe they have several more people on a list then what is available. Not sure if this pushes me back to 5th... We'll see what he emails me back saying, but I'm going to try my best to bump myself up on that car lol

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Yeah they definitely do. I'm told I'm number 4 on their list, they're getting 6, I believe they have several more people on a list then what is available. Not sure if this pushes me back to 5th... We'll see what he emails me back saying, but I'm going to try my best to bump myself up on that car lol
Yes you should absolutely!!
They've got a car sitting in their show room and a growing wait list, thats ridiculous.
I thought Honda Canada restricting these orders to personal deposits was supposed to prevent this kinda shit.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Yes you should absolutely!!
They've got a car sitting in their show room and a growing wait list, thats ridiculous.
I thought Honda Canada restricting these orders to personal deposits was supposed to prevent this kinda shit.
I think technically the dealer can purchase it themselves. Seems like that's how some of these BC dealers that are selling the "used" cars are doing it. A little sketchy none the less either way. We'll see what happens, at this point I'm not holding my breath on getting one.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Here's his reply to it.

" the Type R in the showroom is not for sale. Our group is keeping that unit in the showroom for marketing and display purpose. "

I shared the youtube link with him, he wanted to know what was happening, perhaps give the sales guy whos telling people they can have it if they trade in an FK8 some shit about it.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Here's his reply to it.

" the Type R in the showroom is not for sale. Our group is keeping that unit in the showroom for marketing and display purpose. "

I shared the youtube link with him, he wanted to know what was happening, perhaps give the sales guy whos telling people they can have it if they trade in an FK8 some shit about it.
Considering the guy in the youtube video, and someone else you heard from can corroborate the same story, some shit is def going on. Wonder if people review bomb them about this on google whether they'll reply accordingly.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Considering the guy in the youtube video, and someone else you heard from can corroborate the same story, some shit is def going on. Wonder if people review bomb them about this on google whether they'll reply accordingly.
Newest email back from the Sales Manager. I've been dealing with him since the early on, he seems like a pretty genuine dude and he's been fairly up front with me. It seems it's the sales guys trying to grease some palms on an extra sale.

" We had already planned to keep one of the Type R’s for dealership so it does not affect your spot on the list. I watched the video and really wish they had mentioned who the sales person is so we can speak to them. We have already instructed our staff that our allotment of Type R’s are sold out and to notify any potential customers that we do not have any left to sell. "

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Newest email back from the Sales Manager. I've been dealing with him since the early on, he seems like a pretty genuine dude and he's been fairly up front with me. It seems it's the sales guys trying to grease some palms on an extra sale.

" We had already planned to keep one of the Type R’s for dealership so it does not affect your spot on the list. I watched the video and really wish they had mentioned who the sales person is so we can speak to them. We have already instructed our staff that our allotment of Type R’s are sold out and to notify any potential customers that we do not have any left to sell. "
Thats some fine detective work Bergman! LOL
I hope the gsm is truly genuine.
Funny one of the comments on YouTube video is another guy who says someone from Open Roads told him the FL5 was sold and the owner asked the dealership to hold it there over the winter LOL, wonder if he's on their list.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Thats some fine detective work Bergman! LOL
I hope the gsm is truly genuine.
Funny one of the comments on YouTube video is another guy who says someone from Open Roads told him the FL5 was sold and the owner asked the dealership to hold it there over the winter LOL, wonder if he's on their list.
I genuinly think some of their sales guys are exactly what gives car sales man bad reps, completely full of shit. This is kind of the problem with these limited production cars, so much miss information. That's why I went over the sales guys head immediately because it was evident he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. Everything the sales manager has told me has been accurate so far, so I'm somewhat inclined to believe him.

If that was sold and my car I would not want it left in the showroom not roped off for everyone to rub up on.

**Update from the sales manager, the guy who Chris spoke with was apparent;y new and only there for a month and had no idea what their Type R process was or what was sold.

He's assured me I'm still good

Last edited:

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I genuinly think some of their sales guys are exactly what gives car sales man bad reps, completely full of shit. This is kind of the problem with these limited production cars, so much miss information. That's why I went over the sales guys head immediately because it was evident he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. Everything the sales manager has told me has been accurate so far, so I'm somewhat inclined to believe him.

If that was sold and my car I would not want it left in the showroom not roped off for everyone to rub up on.

**Update from the sales manager, the guy who Chris spoke with was apparent;y new and only there for a month and had no idea what their Type R process was or what was sold.

He's assured me I'm still good
LMFAO damn, new guy already making shit up!! Hoping he got seriously reprimanded, that kinda shit can really mess with biz, specially where social media is involved. Word spreads like wild fire.
Sponsored